Options

CISSP and standards

goktangoktan Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi,

I'm very new to CISSP certification and just started to study for it. Sure I did lots of investigations about which book and which resources are good before and now started with Shon Harris's book for first pass of topics and I also am planning to go with further passes of all topics with different resources.
When I check Shon's book, I see she mentions about lots of different standards in very detail; for instance, DoDAF is the US military standard with all these details whereas Modaf is UK one and includes this and this details.

It is maybe very dumb but now my question is; for CISSP exam, do I have to know all the details for those standards? Or knowing the differentiations between each other and knowing the general concept is enough?
thanks for the help,
goktan

Comments

• Options
    imthatguyimthatguy Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    You absolutely do not need to know all of the details the aforementioned standards--you do, however need to have a good understanding of the concepts associated with each. Let me know if you need anything else. Welcome to the journey...you've got a long road ahead of you..best of luck to you!