Options

Safari books online

JustFredJustFred Member Posts: 678 ■■■□□□□□□□
Is it worth the investment?

I have been thinking about getting a pro subscritption though i'm not sure its worth the investment since they are not cheap either.
[h=2]"After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true." Spock[/h]

Comments

• Options
    zxbanezxbane Member Posts: 740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I personally would say yes. I utilized that site to study for my CISSP with Conrad's books, CCNA with Lammle's book and I am currently using it now reading a CISA book that is on there as well. The amount of resources on there is really incredible. I also used it to read things such as the Network Security Bible.

It's nice because you can log in at work and read, at home on your laptop/iPad or even on the phone when you are on the go.
  • Options
    darkerosxxdarkerosxx Banned Posts: 1,343
    I use the 5-book sub.
  • Options
    Asif DaslAsif Dasl Member Posts: 2,116 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Yeah, I would agree with zxbane. Pretty much 90-95% of the books you need for every topic whether that's Microsoft, VMware, Cisco or Security is on there. There are a few which are not on there, or are not on there quick enough but for the most part I live with it. Being able to read on the tablet and on the computer is great. You even get the Microsoft books and some VMware books before the physical edition is released which is good too.

Is it worth the investment? Depends on how many exams you intend to do or how many books you really read. Also I'm not sure what the situation is because I thought the new pricing was in place but I upgraded from a 5 bookshelf ($159/yr) to a 10 bookshelf ($299/yr) and there was no unlimited option for $399 per year as listed here. So I am still paying the old pricing and getting the old plans, maybe it's different in the U.S. ? Dunno.

I'm pretty interested in the audio books in the new plans, interested to see what they have. The Infinite Skills & LiveLessons video courses are just OK in general, I still prefer to add CBT Nuggets for Microsoft and Pluralsight for VMware. But as with everything, it comes down to personal preference and what works for you.
  • Options
    ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I recently closed mine. With my CBT Nuggets subscription through work and the classes i'm taking, I wasn't using it enough to justify even the $15/month plan. Once i'm done with classes, I will probably open it again.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • Options
    stlsmoorestlsmoore Member Posts: 515 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Used it solely to pass my CCNA Voice and soon my CCNP R&S. I use the $9 month 5-slot option.
    My Cisco Blog Adventure: http://shawnmoorecisco.blogspot.com/

Don't Forget to Add me on LinkedIn!
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/shawnrmoore
  • Options
    JustFredJustFred Member Posts: 678 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I guess they have changed the pricing then. its now 24/month for Basic, without rough cuts etc. Would have been nice to have some affordable options. Oh well back to ciscopress for me
    [h=2]"After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true." Spock[/h]