Options

Tood Lammle ISBN 978-1-118-74961-6

SeekBytesSeekBytes Member Posts: 143
Hello dear members.

I am a bit confused about my study materials for the ICND1. Basically I watched CBT's videos and used Lammle's book to get a detailed explanation of the concepts and commands for each topic. After I finished most of the Boson labs, I started to check my progress. I finally passed one of the exams sims. Unfortunately I noticed that most of the questions I did not know how to answer came from a too generic description or lack of details. IPV6 reserved addresses, OSPF adjacencies, function of hello/lsa and much more.

I feel a bit confused and I do not want to stop and restart by going through the Cisco press material from scratch.

I was wondering if I can use the Boson prep-tests to add the missing information and purchase some extra stuff from Transcender to overcome the issue of memorizing questions using the material too often.

Every help is much appreciated.

Kind Regards.

Comments

• Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Learning from a test is a bad move in my opinion. You only learn the facts that are asked about on those particular tests. That may or may not be the same things asked about in the real exam.

If I were you I'd suck it up and get cracking on the Odom books. Good luck!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I have not read Lammle's book so I can't say anything about what it covers.

I think you have two options if you are not comfortable with what you know so far.

1 - Start labbing to get a better understanding of the material.
    or
    2 - Add another resource to your list and keep going.

I personally would pick up Odem's book. I always try to have two different reading resources. I just find it provides better reinforcement of the information.

Good Luck!
  • Options
    Hello gents. Thank you for answering. I much appreciate it.

I will try to get the book, I feel a bit disappointed because I wanted to take the exam and I did not expect to find problems on the way this week.

Could I ask you how did you check your level before to take the exam ?

Is there any resource which does reflect the exam objectives I am going to be tested on?

Thank you again.
  • Options
    BloogenBloogen Member Posts: 180 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Did you read through Lammle's book or did you reference/skim it?
  • Options
    Hello Bloogen.

I am using Todd Lammle's book for studying and other resources: Cbtnuggets videos, Danscourses on youtube and Keith Barker's channel.

Thanks for answering.