Options

SSCP Pass 9/9/2014

Leftya88Leftya88 Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
Well,

That's a wrap folks! Once I got in there and got rolling I felt very confident, and that the results were not in doubt.

Resources I used:

-Darril Gibson AIO (Covered mostly everything)
-Professor Messer Security+ Videos (Mainly to Deepen Understanding of Cryptography)
-CBT Nuggets 7 Day Free Trial SSCP Course (Did Not find this as useful)
-NIST Docs (Various Docs, referenced the AIO for which ones to read, beefed up knowledge of Cloud Computing/Virtualization)

As far as the exam, I found it to be a good mix of managerial policy implementation and more technical lines of questioning. TE was very nice to have as a reference guide. Thanks to all.

CCNA>CCNA Security>CISSP up next!icon_cheers.gif

-Lefty

Comments

• Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Congrats on the pass.
  • Options
    jonwinterburnjonwinterburn Member Posts: 161 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Options
    ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • Options
    newjacknewjack Member Posts: 106 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I am taking my Sec+ next tuesday and plan on taking the SSCP after. How is it compared to the Sec+?
  • Options
    Leftya88Leftya88 Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Honestly, Sec+ is my oldest certification (I took the old SY-201 I believe it was called), so that was before the era of hands on exercises for that test. I will say, the Sec+ seemed to be more straight up Q & A (i.e. what port should you look at for HTTPS traffic) vs the SSCP which was more....business process oriented. There were a lot of questions on the SSCP about the correct way to implement policies and procedures, such as an acceptable use policy. Sorry if it's not too helpful...wish you the best of luck!
  • Options
    musclegeekmusclegeek Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! I'm scheduled to take in three day, thanks for the feedback.