Options

Stanley CC Class October - December

Comments

• Options
    confewshzconfewshz Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I got the orientation email yesterdayicon_cheers.gif
    2017 Certification Plans: MCSA 2012 (70-417) COLOR=#ff0000][B]X[/B][/COLOR, MCSE 2012 (70-413) SIZE=2][SIZE=2][COLOR=#ff0000][B]X[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/SIZE, MCSE 2012 (70-414) [ ], VCP6-DTM (Horizon View 6) [ ], Security + [ ], CISSP, MCSA 2016 (70-743) [ ]
    TBD:
    CEH, PMP, CISA,
    Six Sigma Master Black Belt, Lean Six Sigma, Kaizen
  • Options
    bgold87bgold87 Member Posts: 112
    Good luck all!
  • Options
    potsey2007potsey2007 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Does anyone know how to mark the EDGe Quiz as complete? I cannot move on until this happens (the call overview quiz show "Not available until the activity EDGe Quiz (Must be completed by October 24, 2014) is marked complete."). I completed the quiz and submitted it. Does the instructor need to go mark it as completed or something?
  • Options
    navanman40navanman40 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Potsey2007...you will find a check box to the extreme right hand side of the screen opposite the edge quiz entry that has to be checked before it lets you move on.
  • Options
    simonessimones Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Someone have problems with Lab 0? I followed the instruction contained in "Lab Content" but when I enter in esxi-2 console the host isn't booted with DVD but try to boot from HD and network. I tried to change boot sequence at startup without success
  • Options
    simones wrote: »
    Someone have problems with Lab 0? I followed the instruction contained in "Lab Content" but when I enter in esxi-2 console the host isn't booted with DVD but try to boot from HD and network. I tried to change boot sequence at startup without success
    Im having the same problem. I sent an email to the instructor yesterday asking for assistance with this issue.
    2017 Certification Plans: MCSA 2012 (70-417) COLOR=#ff0000][B]X[/B][/COLOR, MCSE 2012 (70-413) SIZE=2][SIZE=2][COLOR=#ff0000][B]X[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/SIZE, MCSE 2012 (70-414) [ ], VCP6-DTM (Horizon View 6) [ ], Security + [ ], CISSP, MCSA 2016 (70-743) [ ]
    TBD:
    CEH, PMP, CISA,
  • Options
    anoeljranoeljr Member Posts: 278 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good to know I wasn't the only one who had the problem. I'm sure they'll get it resolved. For now I just skipped it. The others are working okay as far as I know.
  • Options
    ItzEddieItzEddie Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Is there anyway that I can check that my waitlist request is actually on the list? Not sure when I put my name on the list (maybe August?) but just wanted to make sure I was on it as I really want to do this course.

Good luck for everyone going on the course :)
  • Options
    hyperstevehypersteve Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    There are two separate messages at the top of the screen saying to wait until Friday to begin the labs so I haven't started mine yet.
  • Options
    STANLY_CCSTANLY_CC Member Posts: 338 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Send me a private message with your full name listed, and I'll be glad to check for you.
    ItzEddie wrote: »
    Is there anyway that I can check that my waitlist request is actually on the list? Not sure when I put my name on the list (maybe August?) but just wanted to make sure I was on it as I really want to do this course.

Good luck for everyone going on the course :)
  • Options
    hypersteve wrote: »
    There are two separate messages at the top of the screen saying to wait until Friday to begin the labs so I haven't started mine yet.

I don't see these messages. I tried other Labs and their work
  • Options
    hyperstevehypersteve Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□

This is what my screen shows.
  • Options
    My is different. I have only a message that say that labs must be completed by December 9
  • Options
    anoeljranoeljr Member Posts: 278 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I don't have the message about beginning labs until Friday either. Also, lab 0 has been fixed. Haven't had any other problems so far on any of the labs through lab 9.
  • Options
    STANLY_CC wrote: »
    Send me a private message with your full name listed, and I'll be glad to check for you.

This is embarrassing, I can't seem to find where I can send you a private message anywhere, any suggestions?
  • Options
    anoeljr wrote: »
    I don't have the message about beginning labs until Friday either. Also, lab 0 has been fixed. Haven't had any other problems so far on any of the labs through lab 9.

I continue to have problems with Lab 0 icon_sad.gif
  • Options
    KrusaderKrusader Member Posts: 109
    Click on his username on the Original Post
    2018 Goals
    AWS & Linux Knowledge
  • Options
    navanman40navanman40 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Every time I try to schedule time for any lab through Netlabs I get the following error:

"There are no "VMware ICM Pod (2E1V)" pods available for scheduling.

Check throughout the catalog. The lab may be available on more than one pod type."

Anyone else have this problem ?
  • Options
    ArmouredArmoured Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey Guys,

Just wondering, how do you get credit for the labs? I already do a lot of the vmware configs at work, so I'm blazing through the labs right now.....just wondering how they keep track of you after you've completed them all.......

Do we just log in once every week to get credit if we've completed everything by the first or second week?

Also are the labs saved? I'm seeing that the lab pdf says I should have something that I created the previous lab.....but this lab it's not there.... just kinda confusing. Thanks!
  • Options
    simones wrote: »
    I continue to have problems with Lab 0 icon_sad.gif
    I had the same problem. I emailed the teacher and he got the network guy to reset my POD. After doing this, it worked.
    TBD:
    CEH, PMP, CISA,
  • Options
    Your instructor can see your lab reservations, and the amount of time you spend in each reservation within the online lab utility.
    Armoured wrote: »
    Hey Guys,

Just wondering, how do you get credit for the labs? I already do a lot of the vmware configs at work, so I'm blazing through the labs right now.....just wondering how they keep track of you after you've completed them all.......

Do we just log in once every week to get credit if we've completed everything by the first or second week?

Also are the labs saved? I'm seeing that the lab pdf says I should have something that I created the previous lab.....but this lab it's not there.... just kinda confusing. Thanks!
  • Options
    confewshz wrote: »
    I had the same problem. I emailed the teacher and he got the network guy to reset my POD. After doing this, it worked.

I did the same and now my Lab 0 work. Thank you
  • Options
    pandoso360pandoso360 Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    So a week has passed and with a little bit more of a month to go, are you guys reading any other book/materials?

i will start reading the Scott Lowe's "Mastering VMware vSphere 5" and try to get more hands on experience.
  • Options
    nashwannashwan Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I've got Scott Lowe's book and have read a lot of it over the past year or so, I also have the 5.5 edition. I am a VMware admin on a daily basis though and work with 5.5 so the course is pretty much just going through the motions. My company won't pay for the VMware course so I can get VCP certified so got to do it all off my own back and then move jobs :D

If you have any questions about stuff on the course I can always try to help. The only oddity I have found so far is that the course notes differ from the lab in that section. For example I just did Lab 5 which is the initial set up of the iSCSI connection to the SAN, but the teaching in that section was for Standard vSwitches. I think this is because one of the lessons was on creating virtual machines, but we won't be able to do that in the lab till we can at the very least create a Datastore on the SAN.

Maybe it sync's up with the course book, but I didn't buy it since I already have the Scott Lowe books and the shipping was like 40 bucks to the UK.
  • Options
    Make sure you complete the labs in the order they are given in the lab utility. We know they are mismatched somewhat, but that has to do with an update that was made previously. Please let your instructor know right away if you have any questions or concerns regarding your labs.
    nashwan wrote: »
    I've got Scott Lowe's book and have read a lot of it over the past year or so, I also have the 5.5 edition. I am a VMware admin on a daily basis though and work with 5.5 so the course is pretty much just going through the motions. My company won't pay for the VMware course so I can get VCP certified so got to do it all off my own back and then move jobs :D

If you have any questions about stuff on the course I can always try to help. The only oddity I have found so far is that the course notes differ from the lab in that section. For example I just did Lab 5 which is the initial set up of the iSCSI connection to the SAN, but the teaching in that section was for Standard vSwitches. I think this is because one of the lessons was on creating virtual machines, but we won't be able to do that in the lab till we can at the very least create a Datastore on the SAN.

Maybe it sync's up with the course book, but I didn't buy it since I already have the Scott Lowe books and the shipping was like 40 bucks to the UK.
  • Options
    STANLY_CC wrote: »
    I believe I do not have enough posts or enough time on the forum to be able to send messages. My full name is Edward Martin.
  • Options
    DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
    I believe I do not have enough posts or enough time on the forum to be able to send messages. My full name is Edward Martin.

You could always find the email for Stanly and email them I think it's registrar@stanly.edu or just a quick search of there website should yield a positive result.
  • Options
    Send your request to slewis8950@stanly.edu.
  • Options
    SixtyCycleSixtyCycle Member Posts: 111
    STANLY_CC: After completion of the course, do students still have access to the videos and the NetLabs? If yes, up to when?
  • Options
    Since the videos are in Moodle, state regulation does not allow us to give students to the online course after the end date, so no you will not have access to the videos. However, it is possible that your instructor can continue to give you limited access to NetLabs for a short time. The issue there is that we have to clear all the labs and reset the equipment for the next class.

SixtyCycle wrote: »
    STANLY_CC: After completion of the course, do students still have access to the videos and the NetLabs? If yes, up to when?