Options

Stanley CC Class October - December

124»

Comments

• Options
    RemkoRemko Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi,

I'm from Holland, and want to join this course.
    Added myself to the waitinglist.

Can someone provide me more details about when the next training starts? And will it be for 5.5?
    And how to pay as a foreigner?

Thanks.
  • Options
    STANLY_CCSTANLY_CC Member Posts: 338 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Would you please send me a private message with your full name, and I will be glad to help you with these questions. I can tell you that we will be offering the 5.5 curriculum starting in January.
    Remko wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm from Holland, and want to join this course.
    Added myself to the waitinglist.

Can someone provide me more details about when the next training starts? And will it be for 5.5?
    And how to pay as a foreigner?

Thanks.
  • Options
    pnbklynpnbklyn Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Just applied to the waiting list. I can not wait, I have been researching for vmware courses for a long time now. How long is the waiting list expected wait period?
  • Options
    Please send me a private message with your full name, and I will be glad to check for you.
    pnbklyn wrote: »
    Just applied to the waiting list. I can not wait, I have been researching for vmware courses for a long time now. How long is the waiting list expected wait period?
  • Options
    DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
    pnbklyn wrote: »

as being one that just completely the ICM 5.1 from Stanly the waiting list is about 3 to 5 months....

if you can't wait by all means spend $3k on a 5 day class next week. icon_bounce.gif
  • Options
    bermovickbermovick Member Posts: 1,135 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I just got my notification for the January-March class today. I think my wait was 2-3 months.
    Latest Completed: CISSP

Current goal: Dunno
  • Options
    AlceoAlceo Member Posts: 80 ■■□□□□□□□□
    bermovick wrote: »
    I just got my notification for the January-March class today. I think my wait was 2-3 months.

When did you apply?
  • Options
    KrusaderKrusader Member Posts: 109
    bermovick wrote: »

Received mine yesterday also.
    Signed up in early October
    2018 Goals
    AWS & Linux Knowledge
  • Options
    j.petrovj.petrov Member Posts: 282
    @Stanley_CC I finished all the videos/labs in Moodle, however there appears to be a couple more chapters in the book. Are those going to be released at any point or is Scalability module the last one for the class. If so when should we expect to see our grades?
  • Options
    pnbklynpnbklyn Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Can not send a message yet, I am a new member
  • Options
    bgold87bgold87 Member Posts: 112
    How do we know if we passed? I submitted my email at the beginning of class and from the looks of it that's what Stanly sends over to VMware. Can anyone shed some light on this process?
  • Options
    lmoworldlmoworld Member Posts: 124 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I tried logging on to see If a grade posted and couldn't.
  • Options
    stephens316stephens316 Member Posts: 203 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I just finished class a couple of days ago. I was having problems with a few of the labs I emailed the instructor to make sure all 18 labs were completed which he replied to me they were. If you completed all 18 labs by Dec 8 then you got an email stating to register for VMware in your moodle account there was link in there that looked like a quiz you filled out all your information and hit submit. Then I went to there VMWARE Store and got sotfwares and voucher code for 70% off the exam so the Class cost $185 and the Exam cost me $68 dollars. Merry Christmas to me. I won't take the exam until the End of Jan tho to much to focus on right now. I was also taking a SANS course at the same time.
    Free Reading : History Books
  • Options
    eciumecium Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Stephens,

As others explained, i am in a confusing situation too about the course completion. So, as you seem to have everything clear could you explain us the step you followed to get the vouchers and how we can schedule the cert exam?

thank you.
  • Options
    Yea I'm confused, we filled out that quiz at the beginning.
  • Options
    ChadiusChadius Member Posts: 313 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The teacher sent out an email saying make sure you register with VMware thru the class before the 9th at midnight. He added the link Sunday or Monday.

The part that annoyed me was that the netlabs site address wasn't working (the one on the moodle page), so he emailed a new address. Once I started going to the new address, I never went to moodle at all. He emailed thru personal email. So I found out about the store and cool stuff to download the last day at work. The download manager wouldn't install at my work, and VMware says now the class is over.....I don't get those items even though I have a receipt. icon_sad.gif

But I have my code for the voucher. Oh well.

And yes I asked the teacher if I passed and he said yes I had completed 20 labs. He said it might take VMware a couple of weeks to be updated, as all the schools in the "world" are finishing and sending their info.
  • Options
    Students are required to go through Moodle. This is where you find the class calendar and announcements, etc.
    Chadius wrote: »
    The teacher sent out an email saying make sure you register with VMware thru the class before the 9th at midnight. He added the link Sunday or Monday.

The part that annoyed me was that the netlabs site address wasn't working (the one on the moodle page), so he emailed a new address. Once I started going to the new address, I never went to moodle at all. He emailed thru personal email. So I found out about the store and cool stuff to download the last day at work. The download manager wouldn't install at my work, and VMware says now the class is over.....I don't get those items even though I have a receipt. icon_sad.gif

But I have my code for the voucher. Oh well.

And yes I asked the teacher if I passed and he said yes I had completed 20 labs. He said it might take VMware a couple of weeks to be updated, as all the schools in the "world" are finishing and sending their info.
  • Options
    I emailed Stanly and spoke with my instructor. He emailed me back saying that all students who finished the requirements will be receiving a congratulatory email with all the information needed.

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly STANLY!!!!
  • Options
    I understand we are supposed to go thru there for announcements etc. But the teacher was using email (non school) to tell us about everything coming up in the class or anything we needed to know. Then you add in a link to Netlabs that wasn't working thru the Moodle site. I never went back until the teacher said to register on the last day.
  • Options
    dustinpoplindustinpoplin Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I can't and don't speak for every instructor, but much of this is not any fault of the school (or any other school for that matter). VMware changed the way we link the course to your VMware account about 10 weeks ago (which was a bad change by the way) and changed it back, the best I can tell, the last week of November... no notification. We only found the change by chance a few days before the class ended causing us to have to collect all information the way we have in the past. This was in no way a lack of planning by your instructor... the rules changed while we were playing the game. On the bright side, the process being changed back to the original method is certainly welcomed by myself and other instructors.
  • Options
    That makes total sense. DAMN YOU VMWARE! lol jk.

Oh well I passed. :)
  • Options
    confewshzconfewshz Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I received the email about registering with VMware, and I also received the congratulatory email. About a day or two after I sent in my info for VMware, the class showed up on my VMware enrollments/transcripts. Yesterday, I noticed the VMware transcripts section had a link to a PDF "Certificate of Completion" of the VMware IT Academy class.

At the beginning of the course, I got authorized to take the VCP-550 exam and used the voucher in the Stanly store to get 70% off the exam. I took the exam yesterday and passed. THANKS STANLY CC.

BTW, I spent the 1st few weeks of class going through the lectures and labs. I spent the rest of the time reading though Mastering VMware 5.5, listening to CBT Nuggets VCP5 videos, referencing things I read/viewed in the NetApp labs (and our vSphere 5.1 Production environment at work), and making notes based on the Blueprint objectives. I did not get finished with my notes, but plan on completing them for my own reference.

Woohoo icon_cheers.gif
    2017 Certification Plans: MCSA 2012 (70-417) COLOR=#ff0000][B]X[/B][/COLOR, MCSE 2012 (70-413) SIZE=2][SIZE=2][COLOR=#ff0000][B]X[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/SIZE, MCSE 2012 (70-414) [ ], VCP6-DTM (Horizon View 6) [ ], Security + [ ], CISSP, MCSA 2016 (70-743) [ ]
    TBD:
    CEH, PMP, CISA,
    Six Sigma Master Black Belt, Lean Six Sigma, Kaizen
  • Options
    Has anyone actually see the class show up in their transcripts yet, I know it can take some time, but I'm just curious.

Also, I was able to get an exam authorization, but I don't think that's contingent on taking the class. I was under the impressions that you COULD take the VCP but wouldn't be recognized until you complete the class.
  • Options
    confewshzconfewshz Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    bgold87 wrote: »
    Has anyone actually see the class show up in their transcripts yet, I know it can take some time, but I'm just curious.

Also, I was able to get an exam authorization, but I don't think that's contingent on taking the class. I was under the impressions that you COULD take the VCP but wouldn't be recognized until you complete the class.

Yes, the class showed up in my VMware transcripts a day or two after I sent the instructor my VMware info. It shows the name of the class, the date of completion, and the # of hours (40 hours). There is also a PDF link to the "Certificate of Completion" of the VMware IT Academy class.

You are correct. You can get authorized and take the exam before you take the class. You just wont get your certification until you complete the class. I got authorized at the beginning of the class, before it showed up on my VMware transcripts. I was able to schedule the exam shortly after getting authorized.
    2017 Certification Plans: MCSA 2012 (70-417) COLOR=#ff0000][B]X[/B][/COLOR, MCSE 2012 (70-413) SIZE=2][SIZE=2][COLOR=#ff0000][B]X[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/SIZE, MCSE 2012 (70-414) [ ], VCP6-DTM (Horizon View 6) [ ], Security + [ ], CISSP, MCSA 2016 (70-743) [ ]
    TBD:
    CEH, PMP, CISA,
    Six Sigma Master Black Belt, Lean Six Sigma, Kaizen