Options

ICND2 Failed

davenulldavenull Member Posts: 173 ■■■□□□□□□□
I got 815, missed it by 10 points. I'd definitely pass if I had a bit more time. By the end of it I had 10 questions left with only 8 minutes to go, so I ended up picking answers for at least 3 questions randomly. So yeah, speed is crucial.

The scores:
LAN Switching Technologies 82%
IP Routing Technologies 79%
IP Services 33%
Troubleshooting 65%
WAN Technologies 88%

IP Services is only 6% of all topics. I guess I had 3 questions on it and got 2 of them wrong.
Troubleshooting was what dragged me down.

I think I need to get some practice tests. I only did the ones in the Odom's book. I believe I have enough knowledge, I just need to improve my speed.

Should I also get Lammle's CCNA book considering I already have his CCENT book? I've been using:

Odom's book
CBT Nuggets
CCNA Portable Command Guide by Scott Empson
Select chapters from Network Warrior

Comments

• Options
    --chris----chris-- Member Posts: 1,518 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Damn so close!!!

If you think you need practice tests get the Boson. Top notch material and testing experience.
  • Options
    Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Honestly you were so close I would not stress to much about additional material.

Now you have experienced it you know what to expect. It's never a bad idea to have more resources so I would not discourage you from picking up another book. You can probably just lab it up and reinforce a few of your weak spots. I felt stressed for time when I took it. Had 2 minutes to spare when I finished so I know how that feels.

Either way good luck!
    Jon
  • Options
    xnxxnx Member Posts: 464 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The labs are weighted heavily, i'd focus on EIGRP and you're bound to pass next time.
    Getting There ...

Lab Equipment: Using Cisco CSRs and 4 Switches currently
  • Options
    Ryuksapple84Ryuksapple84 Member Posts: 183
    I failed the first time as well by 803. Took it the second time 2 weeks later and passed. I would go over Layer 3 all over again. Get those labs right and you should pass.

Good Luck
    Eating humble pie.
  • Options
    PupilPupil Member Posts: 168
  • Options
    davenulldavenull Member Posts: 173 ■■■□□□□□□□
    the passing score varies according to their website, but believe me, ICND2 is on a whole new level compared to ICND1. I took ICND1 and passed very comfortably with plenty of time to spare, while double and triple checking every answer.

With ICND2 they just kept throwing diagrams after diagrams, just reading the questions and figuring out what's going on those diagrams takes a lot of time. That's something I need to work on.

The sims are very clunky too, many commands even most basic ones were not available. Even simple things like mouse wheel not working was annoying, had to drag that slider like it's 1995 again.
  • Options
    DoyenDoyen Member Posts: 397 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You were fairly close. I think you could review some material on IP services and use this practice exam, however, remember that IP services are only 6% of the topic material. The SIMs are quite time consuming and brutal. Time management is the key. Troubleshooting skills may be worth going back over (32%) since you seem comfortable with routing & switching. I doubt you would really need to review books or get any newer ones. I would advise watching some videos as a good refresher. A different teaching style may give you what you need pass your retake. Best of luck to you.
    Goals for 2016: [] VCP 5.5: ICM (recertifying) , [ ] VMware VCA-NV, [ ] 640-911 DCICN, [ ] 640-916 DCICT, [ ] CCNA: Data Center, [ ] CISSP (Associate), [ ] 300-101 ROUTE, [ ] 300-115 SWITCH, [ ] 300-135 TSHOOT, [ ] CCNP: Route & Switch, [ ] CEHv8, [ ] LX0-103, [ ] LX0-104
    Future Goals: WGU MSISA or Capital Technology Univerisity MSCIS Degree Program
    Click here to connect with me on LinkedIn! Just mention your are from Techexams.net.