CISSP: Incomplete Name

TheProfezzorTheProfezzor Member Posts: 204 ■■■□□□□□□□
So, I got the certification today, when I reached home. I got two things to say:
  1. Why was the mail delivered to my house, when I specifically asked them to deliver it to my office. Since mail is handled properly there?.
  2. Why is my name written incorrectly, on the certificate and on the card?
After all the wait and completing all the little requirements for endorsement and application, I was devastated to see this. PearsonVUE asked me to review my name and correct it, if I need to, so they can send me the certificate. I did that, yet ISC2 screwed it up. Just sent them an email, explaining all of it. I hope this gets corrected soon and I hope, they don't charge me for it. Because if they do, they will definitely see all sorts of reaction for it. It's a massive let down, if I do conclude all of it.

Regards
OSCP: Loading . . .

Comments

• DoyenDoyen Member Posts: 397 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Wow, it looks like ISC2 totally disregarded both your address and your name. For such a prestigious certification that is rather disappointing.
    Goals for 2016: [] VCP 5.5: ICM (recertifying) , [ ] VMware VCA-NV, [ ] 640-911 DCICN, [ ] 640-916 DCICT, [ ] CCNA: Data Center, [ ] CISSP (Associate), [ ] 300-101 ROUTE, [ ] 300-115 SWITCH, [ ] 300-135 TSHOOT, [ ] CCNP: Route & Switch, [ ] CEHv8, [ ] LX0-103, [ ] LX0-104
    Future Goals: WGU MSISA or Capital Technology Univerisity MSCIS Degree Program
    Click here to connect with me on LinkedIn! Just mention your are from Techexams.net.
  • ExpectExpect Member Posts: 252 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Well, I understand its annoying but mistakes happen, and I am certain they will send you another one without extra payment.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    PearsonVUE asked me to review my name and correct it, if I need to, so they can send me the certificate. I did that, yet ISC2 screwed it up.
    Did Pearson VUE have your name and address on record the way that the (ISC)2 used it? If they did and you corrected it the changes obviously didn't reach the (ISC)2 in time. I would suggest that the person who controls the information in the Pearson VUE database was at originally fault.
  • TheProfezzorTheProfezzor Member Posts: 204 ■■■□□□□□□□
    JDMurray wrote: »
    Did Pearson VUE have your name and address on record the way that the (ISC)2 used it? If they did and you corrected it the changes obviously didn't reach the (ISC)2 in time. I would suggest that the person who controls the information in the Pearson VUE database was at originally fault.

Yes. When they told me that my documents have been received for endorsement, they advised to check my name and other details for the certificate and delivery. I did that promptly, well before the time. I think I got my certificate, 3 weeks after my profile review. The information wasn't synced in 3 weeks? :o

I have sent an email regarding this matter to the Asia-Pacific and the main office for member support. It has been 4 days but sadly, no on have responded till now. I have started to doubt their customer service and support. Crappy feeling!
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    It's likely the incorrect information was used before the correction or syncing took place. You need to give (ISC)2 customer support a call.
  • EasyPeezyEasyPeezy Member Posts: 111 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Bless you... I got my certificate 2 weeks ago... it was perfect.
  • TheProfezzorTheProfezzor Member Posts: 204 ■■■□□□□□□□
    So it turns out, they do realize that my name was updated promptly in their records and they claim they printed the right name. I scanned the certificate and the card that came along with it, and sent it back to them. But, I will be waiting for another 4 weeks, before I get my hands on the corrected certificate. Oh well, it's not like I needed to show it to a potential employer or something. Lets wait then...