Options

Desparately need help with simulations

AmoshAmosh Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello my Brothers and Sisters,

I wrote my 801 and 802 exams yesterday and did not pass.Areas I found difficulty in the exams were the SIMULATIONS!! Am kindly asking for assistance in which-ever way PLEASE.

Thanks in-advance.

Comments

• Options
    2230622306 Member Posts: 223 ■■□□□□□□□□
    hey how did you study?
  • Options
    BogeyhunterBogeyhunter Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Since youve taken the exam you know what to expect.

Im not sure there is any advice one can give as to prepare for Sims. You just know the information or you dont. Things you need to know are the differences between the operating systems. Write them out over and over XP/Vista/Win7 and their changes/differences. Know what basic ipconfig commands do esp /renew and /release. Know the different parts of a motherboard, when I was prepping I would print out a copy of a motherboard and match them over and over. Know how to configure RAID. And last, know how to build different computer systems (office, gaming, Home Theater, etc) and know their differences.

As you just took exam, you probably already know all of this. If youre just studying and trying memorize answers to questions w/o understanding why they are right or why you got them wrong, youre not going to do well on Sims. Sims ensure that you understand the material and just didnt memorize the question.

David L. Prowse site had some good videos that were similar to the Sims on my exam. You might want to check out his site. Also, look at his bonus question section. I had a few questions on my exam from that bank of questions. Not sure if there is any other advice that I could give you.

Good luck!