Options

I had the Note 2 then switch to iPhone 5. Should I get the iphone 6 or Note 4?

grave_diggergrave_digger Member Posts: 127
Heres the thing I had a Note 2 which I loved dearly and its specs. My account was managed by my friend who had me on a T Mobile account. He then told me that I was using too much data on T Mobile that he had an account on Verizon that was unlimited and would suit me better, BUT I had have to switch to iPhone 5. I switched to iPhone being promised that he would quickly get me back on the Note 3 (this never happened). This was all back in November when I did the switch. Its going to be TEN fing months on iPhone which I don't like. I can admit its a consistent product and truly understand why people like it. Its just that I don't like Apple in general. I really don't like the size and how controlling apple is with how you can't mod the phone. Yes the option to "jailbreak" the phone is there, but I just don't like iPhone. I can definitely say the iPhone app don't crash as much as Android. Now that Apple is copying Samsungs larger phones approach, I was curious to if I should maybe get there iPhone 6 since I really like large phones.

Any suggestions? I feel that since the first iPhone its been the SAME SH1T. Just little updates on OS and little hardware upgrades.

I kinda feel like going to the Note 4 that comes out next month.
1776 is the answer to 1984!

Comments

• Options
    jamthatjamthat Member Posts: 304 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I've always been an Android user and currently use an S3 on VZW, due for an upgrade in November. Additionally, I had a choice of phones through work which ultimately came down to the S5 or iPhone 5s, and I chose the iPhone just to test it out and see what all the hype was about. I really, really hate it - enough that I'm not even considering one of the new iPhones.

That said, I'm definitely going to be checking out the Note 4 when my upgrade is due. That'll probably be my next personal phone
  • Options
    ShdwmageShdwmage Member Posts: 374
    If you buy an iPhone you will always be a few years behind android. They are just now releasing features android released two years ago. Plus you're locked into everything through the Crapple Store.
    --
    “Hey! Listen!” ~ Navi
    2013: [x] MCTS 70-680
    2014: [x] 22-801 [x] 22-802 [x] CIW Web Foundation Associate
    2015 Goals: [] 70-410
  • Options
    Guys I did a little research and I also feel the following reasons are why I dislike iPhone:
    No bluetooth file transfer.
    No file manager.
    No expendable memory.
    No exchangeble battery.
    Restricted to one musicplayer.
    No removable disc function.
    Chained to apple as a customer.
    Too expensive.

I think I'm going to switch to Note4. After I read that you can manage Torrents...I was sold. I just posted this thread to see what other IT people thought.
  • Options
    jamthatjamthat Member Posts: 304 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Guys I did a little research and I also feel the following reasons are why I dislike iPhone:
    No bluetooth file transfer.
    No file manager.
    No expendable memory.
    No exchangeble battery.
    Restricted to one musicplayer.
    No removable disc function.
    Chained to apple as a customer.
    Too expensive.

I think I'm going to switch to Note4. After I read that you can manage Torrents...I was sold. I just posted this thread to see what other IT people thought.

No expandable memory for me is a biggie - I'm still using the 32gb micro-sd that came with my HTC Thunderbolt..runs like a champ
  • Options
    LeifAlireLeifAlire Member Posts: 106
    I switched from Android to Windows Phone...very nice and don't think I'll ever go back. Never been a fan of Apple so can't comment on that. But I like my Nokia Windows Phone much better than any Android I have owned over the years.
    2015 Goals: VCP-550 - CISA - 70-417
  • Options
    LeifAlire wrote: »
    I switched from Android to Windows Phone...very nice and don't think I'll ever go back. Never been a fan of Apple so can't comment on that. But I like my Nokia Windows Phone much better than any Android I have owned over the years.
    What? that tablet OS on a phone? ugh no thanks. But to each there own...I guess. I experienced with it and its like MIcrosoft really trying to be like Apple, yet they give you a little ability to mod settings unlike Apple iphone.
  • Options
    jamthat wrote: »
    No expandable memory for me is a biggie - I'm still using the 32gb micro-sd that came with my HTC Thunderbolt..runs like a champ

Yeah thats the thing with the Note 4 coming with 32gigs and then you can purchase 128 gigs Micro SD card.
  • Options
    prampram Member Posts: 171
    Why would you even ask this question when your decision is clearly a foregone conclusion? Are you incapable of making up your own mind?
    Its going to be TEN fing months on iPhone which I don't like.
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    When the i6+ comes out I'll check it out. My contract isn't up till April 2015 so I have sometime. I went with the Galaxy 3 - 4 can't remember and wasn't impressed at all. The back popped off all the time and the feel was cheap. I prefer the iPhone so far, it has withstood a beating. I'll continue to use Apple products in the mobile space.
  • Options
    tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    What's with the "chained to Apple" meme? Anything I purchased through Google when I was on Android is tied to Google. Stuff I bought through Amazon is tied to Amazon.

I can still access Amazon music on Android and iOS same with Kindle books at least the music through Amazon and iTunes and Google are DRM free.

Also half of your post is ranting about Apple which is why I find it weird to even ask for an opinion
  • Options
    The_ExpertThe_Expert Member Posts: 136
    I just pre-ordered 2 new iPhone 6's (regular size). As a matter of fact, this will be iPhone number 7 for me. I've owned the original, 3G, 3GS, 4, 4S and 5. To me, the iPhone is a very consistent product which just works.

Now, I also own 2 Android phones and a FireFox OS phone.

Each eco-system / OS has their advantages and disadvantages. Pick what makes you happy!:)

For me, it's the iPhone.. for you it might be Android or some other OS. Heck, before the iPhone came out - I was a big Blackberry fan.icon_cheers.gif
    Masters, Public Administration (MPA), Bachelor of Science, 20+ years of technical experience.

Studying on again, off again...
  • Options
    tprice5tprice5 Member Posts: 770
    I recently went through an apple detox back in February. Got rid of the MacBook and Mac Mini. I was making moves to transition away from the iPhone but I honestly couldn't find anything better. The iPhone is solid and I'll be upgrading to the regular 6 when I return stateside, assuming another iteration hasn't been released by then.

Since this appears to be the only thread relating to Apple's announcement and it is clearly going no where, I am going to unapologetically hijack it...

My only beef with the announcement is the lowest tier storage is still 16gb while every other price tier saw their storage double. SSD is so much cheaper now so it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.
    I think what is truly incredible about Apple is their ability to push user adoption of different technologies.
    1. NFC: Everyone was trying to get their version of NFC payments to take off but it never seemed to catch on. I'd be willing to bet in a years time it will be common place to see people utilizing this tech.
    2. Home Automation: With the new homekit (I think that's what they're calling it) I am hoping to see home automation brought to the masses. I know there are plenty of companies offering products in this space but none with the name recognition that you could trust to be there years from now after investing heavily in their products. Also it is currently pretty pricey and hopefully with Apple entering the market it drives prices down. I'd like to be able to hook all my light switches and sockets into my smart home for <$500. And by my light switches, sockets and smart home I really mean my theoretical light switches, sockets and smart home because I do not own a home.
    Certification To-Do: CEH [ ], CHFI [ ], NCSA [ ], E10-001 [ ], 70-413 [ ], 70-414 [ ]
    WGU MSISA
    Start Date: 10/01/2014 | Complete Date: ASAP
    All Courses: LOT2, LYT2 , UVC2, ORA1, VUT2, VLT2 , FNV2 , TFT2 , JIT2 , FMV2, FXT2 , LQT2