Options

Noc Tech Interview ?

dsgmdsgm Member Posts: 228 ■■■□□□□□□□
So long story short i got a call today for a Noc tech with a company in Boca Raton, we had a long talk and the call went well. Set a time to interview on Wednesday of next week, said i would get a technical test and then an interview to check my troubleshooting skills. Asked him a few questions then at the end his name for clarification, he said he would send an email with contact information etc.

I havent received this email as yet, should i be worried or am i being paranoid ?
Should i contact him on Monday to confirm my appointment if i dont get an email by then ?

What type of troubleshooting questions should i expect ?

Comments

• Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Relax, people get busy. If you don't hear anything in a few days hit him up.

As far as what type of questions, it's hard to say. NOC is such a broad term you could be doing antyhing from opening tickets on circuits to troubleshooting servers. Some more information would definitelty help point you in the right direction.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    He said i would mostly doing L2 switches and some work with Vmware through the cloud and for the first 30 days i would shadow a senior agent, plus it would 3 12 hour days and 1 6 hour
  • Options
    Cisco InfernoCisco Inferno Member Posts: 1,034 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Good luck with this!
    2019 Goals
    CompTIA Linux+
    [ ] Bachelor's Degree
  • Options
    100k100k Member Posts: 196
    Hmm is company called Host.net ?
  • Options
    Yes it is.........
  • Options
    DoyenDoyen Member Posts: 397 ■■■□□□□□□□
    So did they get back in contact with you for your interviews- technical and troubleshooting?
    Goals for 2016: [] VCP 5.5: ICM (recertifying) , [ ] VMware VCA-NV, [ ] 640-911 DCICN, [ ] 640-916 DCICT, [ ] CCNA: Data Center, [ ] CISSP (Associate), [ ] 300-101 ROUTE, [ ] 300-115 SWITCH, [ ] 300-135 TSHOOT, [ ] CCNP: Route & Switch, [ ] CEHv8, [ ] LX0-103, [ ] LX0-104
    Future Goals: WGU MSISA or Capital Technology Univerisity MSCIS Degree Program
    Click here to connect with me on LinkedIn! Just mention your are from Techexams.net.
  • Options
    darrincreamer@yahoo.comdarrincreamer@yahoo.com Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have had a couple of NOC positions. I would say it is safe to say they will ask you some cisco commands questions, depending on the OS they use expect some questions on how to access logs and recover backups. I would also be ready for some basic troubleshooting questions and RAID configuration specifics.

Good luck!
  • Options
    Well i had the interview today amd was offered the position, will be doing background check etc and sending the offer letter soon, will start in about two weeks....

I have a few more interviews lined up so we will see
  • Options
    Congrats! I have it seems like a good place to work. From what I hear the staff is very close.
  • Options
    Congrats! The last place I worked at (in Hollywood FL) had a good number of people from Host.net. Apparently a high level guy got hired and brought aboard a bunch of his engineers. Very smart people.

What were the requirements for the role? How was the company like?
    2019 Goals
    CompTIA Linux+
    [ ] Bachelor's Degree
  • Options
    Well it is an entry level position, will be mostly dealing with Layer 2 problems along with some Virtual stuff through the cloud, seems like i will learn a lot of stuff which i am looking fwd to.

@100K yea it looks like a good place to work and the staff does seem very close.

Now i am anxiously waiting for the email with the background check etc...I hate this part of the Hiring process. The wait....
  • Options
    dsgm wrote: »
    Now i am anxiously waiting for the email with the background check etc...I hate this part of the Hiring process. The wait....

No news is good news ;)
    2019 Goals
    CompTIA Linux+
    [ ] Bachelor's Degree
  • Options
    Got the good news and the contract so i start on the 6th of Oct

is 39k a yr good for an entry level position at a NOC
  • Options
    snunez889snunez889 Member Posts: 238 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I think that's good. I am entry level and make a bit less. I do wish I made alot more, but that will come in time.
  • Options
    Yea that little above what I see most places paying. I know Disney pays like $15/hr for there NOCicon_rolleyes.gif
  • Options
    snunez889 wrote: »
    I think that's good. I am entry level and make a bit less. I do wish I made alot more, but that will come in time.

Yes cant wait to get strated and in time more will come !!
  • Options
    ninjaturtleninjaturtle Member Posts: 245 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I started in a NOC when I was a freshman in college. It was entry level too. I remember talking with all the engineers and I was so intrigued and wanted to learn everything. Let me tell you, that "entry" level position has set me up for where I am today. I'm now the senior level network engineer at my job, working in a data center. It's a great stepping stone my friend, and it will certainly pay off in time. I promise!! Just keep studying and acquiring your certifications.

Congrats on the new job!

Cheers,
    Current Study Discipline: CCIE Data Center
    Cisco SEAL, Cisco SWAT, Cisco DeltaForce, Cisco FBI, Cisco DoD, Cisco Army Rangers, Cisco SOCOM .ιlι..ιlι.