Options

ICND1 Passed

auxiliarypriestauxiliarypriest Member Posts: 59 ■■■□□□□□□□
So glad I was able to knock this one out. Passed with a 973/1000. Thank you all for your motivation, tips, and guidance.
ICND2, I'm coming for you!

Study Material:
CBT Nuggets (good overall CCENT coverage)
Dan's Courses on Youtube (Really good videos for beginners, He explains stuff really well)
Other Youtube course from a Redditor (Not too bad, good information overall, the videos are a little boring though)
Cisco Press Book - Odom (Really detailed, long and a little dry)
TechNet practice test - This help me feel confident about taking the test sooner rather than later
Transcender Exams - Good practice but some of the questions were ICND2 material and sometimes I had issues with it not saving my answers. (especially on drag and drop type questions) If you have to pay for this, I would skip it. Also I found you can go through their archive of "Questions of the Day" on their website and it has all the same questions. Question of the DayODPage

All in all not too bad of a test, I was worried about time due to all the sim questions right at question number 30, but I had about 15-20 minutes left at the end.

If you have questions feel free to ask.
2020 Goals: [x ] C|HFI [x] CySA+ [x ] MSCSIA
Connect with me on Linkedin, just say you're from TechExams

Comments

• Options
    TalonizeTalonize Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats, man.

Thanks for listing all your resources, I'll be sure to check them out before I attempt this exam myself.
  • Options
    Justin-Justin- Member Posts: 300
    Great job on the pass! Did you use packet tracer or real live equipment?

I plan on goin' for CCNA after I finish off the comptia trifecta.
  • Options
    I used packet tracer to get the cli down. I probably spent about 10-15 hours total. I would usually recreate the net scenarios from the videos and just mess around. Also I would just write cli commands and configure routers and switches on paper and check if I remembered everything.
  • Options
    Just wanted to add in case anyone was wondering because I wasn't sure going in. When you are dealing with sim questions with cli, you pretty much have all of the ios to your disposal except for specified commands. To clarify you don't need to remember entire commands...the short version works, tabbing for the rest of the command, and the ? Help command work. This was a pleasant surprise coming from a Comptia exams taker.
  • Options
    Justin-Justin- Member Posts: 300
    Awesome. I'm wondering how exactly did you set up the scenarios in packettracer? Like how did you know the topology to use, what equipment in the program to use and how to set it all up? Because from what I know the CCNA book by odom / lammle don't really explain how to do it. Thanks again for the responses!
  • Options
    rocdamikerocdamike Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!
  • Options
    Most of the time I just used the generic switch and routers. I highly recommend Danscourses on YouTube as he uses packet tracer almost exclusively. You can pretty much just follow along because he builds the topologies in real time.
  • Options
    Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • Options
    tuleeohtuleeoh Member Posts: 78 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratz!! Welcome to the certified club. Good luck with ICDN2!
  • Options
    10Linefigure10Linefigure Member Posts: 368 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    CCNP R&S, Security+
    B.S. Geography - Business Minor
    MicroMasters - CyberSecurity
    Professional Certificate - IT Project Management