Options

upstream proxy error

stndrd_123stndrd_123 Member Posts: 113
I was wondering if this may be a known issue someone may be able to help me with?
- When trying to access a site (a partner companies site using ssl), I receive this error: "The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server. The proxy server could not handle the request post/servlet/wppdispatcher" IE will let you go to some pages, yet sporadically it will give that error, although if you use back page button a few times that same page will eventually pop up. Moreover, it only happens in IE6 (some with sp2 and somewith sp1) , Mozilla has yet to have the issue, this has been tried internally and externally (from home) with the same results. The proxy server is a linux server. So I'm not sure if it's their server or and IE issue.

thanks,
Brian

Comments

• Options
    darkuserdarkuser Member Posts: 620 ■■■□□□□□□□
    stndrd_123 wrote:
    I was wondering if this may be a known issue someone may be able to help me with?
    - When trying to access a site (a partner companies site using ssl), I receive this error: "The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server. The proxy server could not handle the request post/servlet/wppdispatcher" IE will let you go to some pages, yet sporadically it will give that error, although if you use back page button a few times that same page will eventually pop up. Moreover, it only happens in IE6 (some with sp2 and somewith sp1) , Mozilla has yet to have the issue

then ... it souds like an ie problem
    try firefox as another choice to be sure.
    something java related ... see servlet ....

, this has been tried internally and externally (from home) with the same results. The proxy server is a linux server. So I'm not sure if it's their server or and IE issue.

thanks,
    Brian
    rm -rf /
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,031 Admin
    Is your IE client going through a proxy server to get to the Internet? If so, there might be a proxy-to-proxy incompatibility. With any luck, a patch update on your proxy server may fix the problem.
  • Options
    rossonieri#1rossonieri#1 Member Posts: 799 ■■■□□□□□□□
    hello : )

your q wasnt specific. what proxy do you have?
    are you the net admin? have you configure your proxy to bypass the SSL - or have you install the SSL module yet?
    does your mail client have any trouble accessing any web mail such yahoo/hotmail/gmail? if they are not - then you should ask your parent proxy configuration.
    the More I know, that is more and More I dont know.
  • Options
    stndrd_123stndrd_123 Member Posts: 113
    your q wasnt specific. what proxy do you have?
    are you the net admin? have you configure your proxy to bypass the SSL - or have you install the SSL module yet?
    does your mail client have any trouble accessing any web mail such yahoo/hotmail/gmail? if they are not - then you should ask your parent proxy configuration.
    Thanks for the replies. --- No I'm not the admin, it's a proxy owned by a company that is sort of a partner to our company. The whole site uses ssl and many of the pages get though so I don't think ssl is the issue. And yes everything else can get through. I believe it a combination of both their proxy and IE6 because from there internal network it works fine at which point it is obviously not using the proxy and they use IE6. Likewise we use IE6, and internally as well as from home it works sporadically., except as I said mozilla works fine.

thanks again,
    Brian