Options

Home Cisco LAB - Suggest improvements?

ciscodiscociscodisco Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi,

I've setup a Cisco LAB at home and would like to show it everyone to get some better ideas and maybe someone can suggest improvements? :)

drawing19ac.th.jpg

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    nick619nick619 Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    That's a pretty nice setup. Check out this basement lab:

http://smorris.uber-geek.net/lab.htm
  • Options
    icon_eek.gif

WOw that is one huge LAB! Mine is on a two post rack but unfortunately I don't have a basement yet so no chance of growing that big anytime soon. Thanks for sharing though.
  • Options
    texicantexican Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Well, that's an.... interesting cabling job. I know some neat-freaks that would have a heart attack if I passed along that pic!

As for yours, if you have the switches available, I'd definately suggest dropping them on the network so you can play with spanning-tree.
  • Options
    keatronkeatron Member Posts: 1,213 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Sheesh!!! very impressive. This person must have tons of cash.
  • Options
    TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Okay, I'm just totally wondering. Do you really need all that stuff to do a CCIE track?

Seems like overkill to me. I mean that rack puts all the server rooms I've ever seen to shame.
  • Options
    I will throw in the switches at some point... any ideas where I should put them?

As far the server room type lab, well it kinda builds on you. For example, I only had 800 series router and then all of a sudden I bought 5 2500s and few switches along with a 4000 series and a two post rack.
  • Options
    porengoporengo Member Posts: 343
    addicted2u wrote:
    That's a pretty nice setup. Check out this basement lab:

http://smorris.uber-geek.net/lab.htm

Just imagine what his monthly electric bill must be like!
  • Options
    TheShadowTheShadow Member Posts: 1,057 ■■■■■■□□□□
    TeKniques wrote:
    Okay, I'm just totally wondering. Do you really need all that stuff to do a CCIE track?

Seems like overkill to me. I mean that rack puts all the server rooms I've ever seen to shame.

Ah you must be talking about Scott Morris, I believe he makes enough on rental and use of that basement rack for it to pay for itself along with air conditioning. Notice in the last picture that he is a Quad CCIE and I think working on number 5. ...checking.... yes back up a level to http://smorris.uber-geek.net/ and eyeball his resume. Scott was always into overkill from the beginning when he got himself into trouble and in the news as the owner of the The Assassins’ Guild fido/rbbs system during pre/start of -internet times when people still thought 28.8 modems were high speed. Proving you can't keep a smart guy down he landed on his feet big time.
    Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of technology?... The Shadow DO