Options

Passed core hardware..A+ certified

spiderdarrenspiderdarren Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
I just passed my core hardware exam this morning.. I did badly and lucky enough to pass it. I think it was much harder than the OS exam which I did better.

I would like to thank you the people in this forum who posted so many questions and solutions. You guys helped a lot.

I am considering Network + or MCSE next. Can anyone tell me the difference? which is better?

Thank you.

icon_lol.gif
SpiderDarren wanna learn more from others :)
A+ certified..hunting for more

Comments

• Options
    xlg123xlg123 Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Network+ is a "vendor generic" cert that applies to networking and protocols. MCSE is a M$ product specific cert that covers a wide range of server setups, etc. They ere two completely different certs. Review the goals for each at comptia.org and MS.com and you can see. If it were me, N+ isn't that difficultm I'd knock that out. Besides, the knowledge gained from it can be applies towards MCSE. And, if I remeber right, A+ and N+ can be used as an elective in MCSE,
    Good Luck
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    I am considering Network + or MCSE next. Can anyone tell me the difference? which is better?

Congratulations on your pass!

Regarding the above, What do you want to do in IT?
    A+ & NET+ or A+ and Server+ can be used in combination for MSCA. Off hand I'm not sure it can go to MCSE - thought it didn't for some reason, but likely wrong????? I can look into it, but someone is likely to post who knows off-hand....I'm drawing a blank on it tonight icon_confused.gif:
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    jescabjescab Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,321
    CONGRATZ dude - i say go for Net+ because A+ & Net+ combined will count as an elective towards MCSA 2003
    GO STEELERS GO - STEELERS RULE
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congratulations on the new cert!

Good luck on the exam track that you choose.
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    2lazybutsmart2lazybutsmart Member Posts: 1,119
    Congrats icon_thumright.gif
    Exquisite as a lily, illustrious as a full moon,
    Magnanimous as the ocean, persistent as time.
  • Options
    ScarletLaceScarletLace Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Superb! icon_rendeer.gif
    Now it's time to celebrate! icon_bounce.gif

I agree with the others that you should do network+ first. Seems better that way.

...and colourful as the rainbow too! Looks cool! Kinda reminds me of the ball at Epcot Centre in Orlando, Florida. I see you changed your pic from Sherlock Holmes smoking a pipe. icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    mobri09mobri09 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 723
  • Options
    2lazybutsmart2lazybutsmart Member Posts: 1,119

...and colourful as the rainbow too! Looks cool! Kinda reminds me of the ball at Epcot Centre in Orlando, Florida. I see you changed your pic from Sherlock Holmes smoking a pipe. icon_wink.gif

It's one of those deeper forms of Andalusian art --which is my favorite art form. Throw in the fact that it was done by hand, and it becomes even more magnificent.

Sherlock Holmes?? oh yeah, the pipe guy. For the new year, I'll be using my heart more than my brains.....so I got something to reflect the new resolution.

2lbs.
  • Options
    ScarletLaceScarletLace Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Wow! I didn't know you were so deep into art. That's very impressive.

Sherlock Holmes?? oh yeah, the pipe guy.

Well... the shadow guy did look like Sherlock Holmes to me. I guess I got it wrong. icon_redface.gif But anyway, it doesn't matter. icon_lol.gif

For the new year, I'll be using my heart more than my brains.....so I got something to reflect the new resolution.

That could be a good thing. icon_wink.gif Just be careful though!