Options

MCSE Exam Ref Book nothing like Test??

roxxas2roxxas2 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello all!

So I’m studying for my MCSE and I have to take the 70-410 test soon. I’m using this book to study:

http://www.amazon.com/Exam-Ref-MCSA-70-410-Configuring/dp/0735684243/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1411077002&sr=8-2&keywords=70-410
I’m about to finish the book so I decide to take a practice test to see if I’ve actually learned anything. I take a practice test and realize this book is absolutely useless. I look at the amazon review and everyone says this book is NOT going to help me pass the test. I CANNOT believe I’ve wasted all this time.

Anyway… Does anyone have any advice on study material for the exams? I really want to pass and I’m a bit lost.

Thank you all for all of your wisdom!

Comments

• Options
    Louie1277Louie1277 Member Posts: 505 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Well i did the same thing but failed the exam. I think i wasn't ready for it since it was my very first time. After failing the exam i bought "mastering Windows Server 2012 r2" started with that book. They say this is book is awesome and gives you better details. The only thing it's not written for these exam. What you could do , and this is what i'm doing is reading chapters on the outline in the green book then going back to the book you bought and reading that chapter again. You're reading the same chapters twice but with different outlooks and missing material.

I notice some things are sticking that way that the book we bought didn't have. Hope that makes sense.
    2018 Goals: 70-410 [X], 70-411 [],70-412 [] :bow: 410- Passed!!!!!!

My Goal for the Future
    2012 - *MCSA*(WHO KNOWS WHEN) KEEP FAILING!!!! Not enough time to pass the last 2 exams.
    2021 - *Security+*
    2022 - * Pen Tester*
  • Options
    srabieesrabiee Member Posts: 1,231 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Never rely on a single study source to pass one of these Microsoft exams. They are very difficult and Microsoft expects you to know even obscure, minute details regarding their technologies. I recommend studying at least 2 or 3 different books (check the reviews on Amazon), as well as CBTNuggets or Pluralsite videos. And LAB EVERYTHING!
    WGU Progress: Master of Science - Information Technology Management (Start Date: February 1, 2015)
    Completed: LYT2, TFT2, JIT2, MCT2, LZT2, SJT2 (17 CU's)
    Required: FXT2, MAT2, MBT2, C391, C392 (13 CU's)

Bachelor of Science - Information Technology Network Design & Management (WGU - Completed August 2014)