Options

Classic & Category view

evanderburgevanderburg Member Posts: 229 ■■■□□□□□□□
I have always used the classic view for the control panel because it generally takes less clicks to find the item I am looking for. When I need to use a control panel app on another computer, I first switch to classic view. Because of this, I am unfamiliar with which control panel apps are located in each category. Is this knowledge necessary for the MCDST exam?
"You can never know everything and part of what you know is always wrong. Perhaps even the most important part. A portion of wisdom lies in knowing that. A portion of courage lies in going on anyway. " - Lan, Winter's Heart by Robert Jordan

Comments

• Options
    D-boyD-boy Member Posts: 595
    I think the exam assumes you are using the default category view icon_wink.gif

For some reason I don't think you should have much trouble working out what comes under each category...

for example:

under "Network and internet connections" you have...

Internet options
    network connections
    network setup wizard
    wireless network setup wizard
    network connections
    windows firewall

I really don't think this will be a problem for you!

D-boy
  • Options
    evanderburgevanderburg Member Posts: 229 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the info. I doubt it will be a problem. I will make a small chart and then know it.
    "You can never know everything and part of what you know is always wrong. Perhaps even the most important part. A portion of wisdom lies in knowing that. A portion of courage lies in going on anyway. " - Lan, Winter's Heart by Robert Jordan
  • Options
    Chivalry1Chivalry1 Member Posts: 569
    I remember on some questions that it referred to the default window view. But D-Boy mentioned I dont see this as a problem for this exam.
    "The recipe for perpetual ignorance is: be satisfied with your opinions and
    content with your knowledge. " Elbert Hubbard (1856 - 1915)
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    Same here. I don't remember anything like that on mine....
    i remain, he who remains to be....