Options

The ones who have taken the INTRO exam...

BoatmanBoatman Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey Im up for my intro exam on the 5th, and I took the cisco netacad courses 1 and 2 and ive read Todd Lammies 4th edition twice. But I was just wondering if any of you guys could give me some help on what to study for, I know subnetting pretty well I feel confident with that, but if there is antyhing else you can tell me to study please do so haha thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    NoodsNoods Member Posts: 168
    Really, the best thing to do is learn the objectives. Having taken and passed the test, that is the best study advice I can offer. The OSI model and knowing ALL the commands are important as well.
  • Options
    alrgiht thanks for the help man any one else??
  • Options
    crtplaguecrtplague Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Boatman, good luck on the exam. I'm scheduled to take the Intro test on the 9th. Besides reading the study guides, what are you using for practice exams?
  • Options
    Nothing really... icon_sad.gif Im taking the cisco netacad tho so I plan on reading over all the chapters online once before the test and thats pretty much it, I hope I do well I have read the sybex book twice now and haflway done again. But ill let you know thursday afternoon how I do thanks for wishing me luck! haha
  • Options
    petedudepetedude Member Posts: 1,510
    Noods wrote:
    Really, the best thing to do is learn the objectives. Having taken and passed the test, that is the best study advice I can offer. The OSI model and knowing ALL the commands are important as well.

He's nailed it.

'bout all I can add is. . . if you have the Cisco Press INTRO book, test like crazy on the included CD. :)
    Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
    --Will Rogers
  • Options
    Thanks for all your help Im up today at 3:00pm so I hope I do well icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    Boatman, I haven't seen a reply from you yet so I was wondering how your exam went. I hope you did ok. I just took my Intro exam a few hours ago and passed with a 914.

Maybe the info in the Cisco web page is out of date but the minimum passing score on this test was 825, not 876. Maybe Cisco "lightened up" a little. :D
  • Options
    CONGRATS MAN lol i didnt pass got a 821 and needed 825 im gonna retake it friday tho lol icon_redface.gif
  • Options
    sorry to hear that Boatman. Don't let it get you down. It's not an easy test. They hit me over the head with a router sim on my first question and I just about died. LOL! You'll nail it next time for sure and you already know what the test is going to be like. GOOD LUCK!!