Options

Passed CISSP Exam on 21st Sept 2014

jai_dxbjai_dxb Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello Guys,

First of all I apologies for not be as active member of this great forum.

I had taken a lot of inputs from here but didn’t contribute anything back.

I passed my CISSP Exam yesterday on my 1st Attempt. :)

I would like to thank everyone on this forum with helping me pass my CISSP exam, it has been a long journey but I did it.

About me:

I am in the IT field more than 15 years now and started my Professional Industry certification journey with MCSE on Windows NT4 and today I reached here at CISSP. All these years, my work focus area was Networking and Security. I was started to have this prestigious certification 6 – 7 years ago. But, I didn’t serious and focused on this. I did on-&-off study/preparation but never get chance to dedicate myself and appear for the exam.

Study materials used:
  • Infosec Oline Bootcamp
  • Eric Conrad study guide 2nd edition
  • Sybex 6th edition
  • All in One 6th edition ( Just use reviews and question section of each domain)
I've used these notes:

Self Test Exam Sets : I've compiled as much questions as possible from these sources
Examination summary:

This exam isn’t easy, but don’t over study. The exam is really based on knowing how to come to the right conclusion is the most important aspect of this exam. By knowing the high level concepts that they expect you to know, you will pass the exam.
It took me all 6 Hours to be utilized. I believe that it’s better utilized all time whatever it was allocated to us even if we finish exam earlier. We really need to do multiple reviews with closer look of exam question warding.

I attempted question with a strategy using going through each and every question and attempting whatever was known to me with others as flagged which I had doubt. I didn’t take any break except 5 minutes. I did another round as close review for all flagged questions and literarily changed answers of quite lot of questions. So keep eye on wordings.

Overall I really enjoyed the exam experience… just remember that you MUST have patience when it comes to take the exam.

Next milestone is endorsement need to be done....

Good Luck for your part!!! icon_cheers.gif