Options

Study guide question

Elite03Elite03 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
I'll be quick...I'm new to the site. I'm pretty sure everyone has asked this question before, but I just ordered the CompTIA A+ Second Edition book from Sybex. I just wanted to know if I made a good choice. Also, I was thinking about using Messer videos as reference, but I was afraid the videos might be kinda of dated. Any advice.

Comments

• Options
    Nafe92014Nafe92014 Member Posts: 279 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Messers videos are up to date and very helpful. I wrote my 801 this morning and passed. I would also recommend Mike Meyers CompTIA All in One 8th Edition. He also offers video training and simulation questions.
    Certification Goals 2020: CCNA, Security+

"You have enemies? Good, that means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." ~Winston S. Churchill
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Elite03 welcome!

If you took a moment to look through the forum, hands-down Meyers text is the one that is recommended, however, Sybex is a close second. Both are good, but Meyers has the track record and consistency for being a great text. No worries if you bought the Sybex, it should serve your needs well. DOwnload the objectives, know the objectives, use the text and gain as much experience as you possibly can, you should be just fine when you are ready to take your exams.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    Elite03Elite03 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks... I'm glad I found this site.