Options

Sec+ 301 Today

idk.idk. Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
Wish me luck. Getting nervous.

Read Gibson's Get Certified Get Ahead book, watched most of the messer & CBT nug videos, taken almost every practice test I could find. Went over some performance based type questions. Got Gibson's Premium QA/Remember this Mp3's on my Iphone.. Plan on listening to a couple chapters on the way to the testing facility just for good measure... I really hope I pass this. After reading the book 3 or 4 months ago, I would score close to 85-90% in most all areas except a couple. I slacked a bit as I should have taken the test by now but at the same time I took a couple weeks to review my weak areas and now I score around 90-100% in all areas and 85-95 in my previous weak/foggy areas... Testing in 4 Hours. Cramming as much as I can until i leave then its just me and Gibson on the way to the test :).

Comments

• Options
    CassLCassL Member Posts: 13 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good luck! I have my test in 2 days, so I am feeling the nervousness with you!
    *crossing my fingers for you*
    Let us know how it goes!
  • Options
    update: sitting at Wendy's next to the test site. One hour until I sit. Trying to cram but at this point I don't know how much more I can add in this short of time to make a difference. The next 45 mins shall be prayer and positive thinking :)
  • Options
    Update pt.2- after walking the entire campus of his college, finally found out where I'm supposed to go. Sitting outside in the waiting area. 45 mins to go.
  • Options
    Justin-Justin- Member Posts: 300
    Lol I love the updates. I remember getting lost as well when I took the Net+, the campus was huge. Goodluck!
  • Options
    After a rocky start, submitted first question on accident and semi freaked out as I wasn't sure if I could go back, then after figuring out why question 2 was asking me to do more things than it will allow me, I got rolling. Had a few questions I had to not necessarily guess but choose the best answer of the avail answers.

836/900...Pass! Now off to drink a beer or two:)
  • Options
    Justin-Justin- Member Posts: 300
    Congrats buddy! I'm taking the 401 sometime December. How many questions did ya get?
  • Options
    CassLCassL Member Posts: 13 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Awesome! I'm glad to hear you passed! Now I'm nervously awaiting my test.
    Do you remember how many performance based questions you got? Those are the ones that have me worried the most.
  • Options
    CassL wrote: »
    Awesome! I'm glad to hear you passed! Now I'm nervously awaiting my test.
    Do you remember how many performance based questions you got? Those are the ones that have me worried the most.

4 or 5 if i remember correctly. They are extremely easy honestly. Just know your ports and different security controls and you will be golden.
  • Options
    olaHaloolaHalo Member Posts: 748 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!
  • Options
    olaHalo wrote: »
    Congrats on the pass!

Thanks!