Options

Microsoft Exams can now be taken online

DyasisDyasis Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□

Comments

• Options
    CIOCIO Member Posts: 151
    Announced on Monday, Pearson VUE is developing online proctoring services in the Cloud so that MCPs and MTAs can take exams online.
  • Options
    DyasisDyasis Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
    and

70-410: Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012
    70-411: Administering Windows Server 2012
    70-412: Configuring Advanced Windows Server 2012 Services
    70-687: Configuring Windows 8.1
    70-680: Configuring Windows 7
    70-688: Supporting Windows 8.1
    70-346: Managing Office 365 Identities and Requirements
    70-347: Enabling Office 365 Services
    70-640: Configuring Windows Server 2008 Active Directory
    70-461: Querying Microsoft SQL Server
    70-462: Administering Microsoft SQL Server Databases
    70-463: Implementing a Data Warehouse with Microsoft SQL Server
    70-480: Programming in HTML5 with JavaScript and CSS3
    70-481: Essentials of Developing Windows Store Apps Using HTML5 and JavaScript
    70-482: Advanced Windows Store App Development Using HTML5 and JavaScript
  • Options
    BryzeyBryzey Member Posts: 260
    Only available to US people atm while it's in beta.
  • Options
    pjd007pjd007 Member Posts: 277 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Don't see how they'll be able to 100% prevent cheating maybe MS will accept prevention at 70% or a score of 700 ;)
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    eh, I would just rather stop at a center and take the exam, regardless of the time sink driving out to one might be. Cameras in your home/work to 'sweep' the area? What about the people recording their own exam questions? Verbally reading their questions outloud? There won't be cameras in the entire area...and frankly, if there is that much prep/privacy invasion to take the exam 'online', to the test center I will go!

Try to prevent someone from getting up and hitting the loo or grabbing a cup of water during the exam? And are they going to say the exam is void if one does that?

People who want to ****, will do so. I'm tired of being inconvenience for those likely few who will ****...if they can live with themselves so be it, those frauds stick out quickly in the work place. Permitting additional camera monitoring is moving in the wrong direction. IMNSHO
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    pandiculatorpandiculator Member Posts: 44 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Here's a reddit post from Tim Sneath, one of the team at Microsoft behind the announcement. Worth a read regarding this announcement and exams in general.
  • Options
    Louie1277Louie1277 Member Posts: 505 ■■■□□□□□□□
    IT's SUCH BS!!!! how are they going to change the test just like that and make it harder for people that do study hard.... That means down the road I might have to wait for new books to come out for taking any exam online... Such BS
    2018 Goals: 70-410 [X], 70-411 [],70-412 [] :bow: 410- Passed!!!!!!

My Goal for the Future
    2012 - *MCSA*(WHO KNOWS WHEN) KEEP FAILING!!!! Not enough time to pass the last 2 exams.
    2021 - *Security+*
    2022 - * Pen Tester*
  • Options
    I'd imagine if they do change the online test then they will do the same for the tests taken at a test center.

As long as they don't expect people to sit a test having memorised 3000+ powershell commands and respective switches then it shouldn't be much harder than it is now.
  • Options
    PDFOURPDFOUR Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Looks like you must have a webcam and a microphone. Perhaps they monitor you through the cam during the exam.

https://www.microsoft.com/learning/en-us/exam-70-410-op.aspx
  • Options
    --chris----chris-- Member Posts: 1,518 ■■■■■□□□□□
    The probably review the videos afterwards, like the ITIL foundations exam.
  • Options
    optimaoptima Registered Users Posts: 3 ■■□□□□□□□□
    great , this would be great for me , the closest testing centre is 180km away from me ,
  • Options
    StarkeStarke Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yes they monitor you live through the camera and microphone. Read up on the info.

Microsoft Online Proctored Exams Beta with Pearson VUE
    MCSA: Windows Server 2012 - MCITP (SA, EA, EMA) - CCA (XD4, XD5, XS5, XS6) - VCP 4
  • Options
    psuitpsuit Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Has anyone taken an exam with this change, or even taken one of the online exams. Just curious if they've changed at all?
  • Options
    REMOVED UNNECESSARY QUOTED REPLY FROM PREVIOUS POST
    I've heard some people saying only 40 questions in the exam so that must mean they've revised the questions.
  • Options
    Louie1277Louie1277 Member Posts: 505 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Yes i heard the same thing but the question are a little bit harder. I don't know about that. You stress out studying so much that the questions are much harder then before.
    2018 Goals: 70-410 [X], 70-411 [],70-412 [] :bow: 410- Passed!!!!!!

My Goal for the Future
    2012 - *MCSA*(WHO KNOWS WHEN) KEEP FAILING!!!! Not enough time to pass the last 2 exams.
    2021 - *Security+*
    2022 - * Pen Tester*
  • Options
    MrAgentMrAgent Member Posts: 1,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Not a good idea on Microsoft's part. Whats to prevent someone from using a second device to do some searching, or recording the exam with a hidden camera?

Seems like the MCSEs I earned aren't going to worth a whole lot anymore.
  • Options
    REMOVED UNNECESSARY QUOTED REPLY FROM PREVIOUS POST
    True but I'd hope one of the main reasons for allowing people to do their exams at home would be to reduce costs (well I hope that's the case !).

You can **** your MCSE exams but when you get into the workplace you'll be found out pretty quickly.