Passed 840

SouljackerSouljacker Member Posts: 112 ■■■□□□□□□□
Passed today with an 840. Felt like I knew most of the questions, just missed a few things that I had never done well on in the prep (typical CompTIA trick question stuff).

I read through the Joe Phillips book once, but then hammered the Heldman book and used the uCertify available through WGU. The uCertify test bank I felt was very similar to what I actually experienced on the test... Perhaps a bit *too* similar. In order to remember the formulas I added a little to Cold Titanium's suggestion from this forum.

cea
sep -1 is bad
TBEBA -1 is good
EA+E
VB-E
A+B-B/C

CV=EV-AC
SV=EV-PV
CPI=EV/AC
SPI=EV/PV
TCPI=(BAC-EV)/(BAC-AC)
EAC = AC + ETC
VAC = BAC - EAC
ACWP+(BAC-BCWP)/CPI

Good luck to anyone studying this!

Comments

• Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif

What's next?
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • SouljackerSouljacker Member Posts: 112 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The CIW database cert. I don't expect much trouble with it. In my first round of college I did Oracle University courses and have had a lot of exposure to MySQL developing the help desk ticketing system for the company I work for. Just glad that Project+ is over with. Too dry and too big a waste of study weeks that could have been better spent on actual security-related courses.

Ah well, 6 credits is 6 credits I guess.
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Souljacker wrote: »
    The CIW database cert. I don't expect much trouble with it. In my first round of college I did Oracle University courses and have had a lot of exposure to MySQL developing the help desk ticketing system for the company I work for. Just glad that Project+ is over with. Too dry and too big a waste of study weeks that could have been better spent on actual security-related courses.

Ah well, 6 credits is 6 credits I guess.

Your not alone I felt the same on Project+ and I'm glad to have finished it. Onto better adventures!! :)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • hitzvaghitzvag Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have my exam on Monday. Thanks for your post. those formulas are a killer so will help. :D.

Ive been reading the Heldman, twice now. Might do a third time in time for monday or do you reco doing more practice test?
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□