Options

Exam this Monday

nknk417nknk417 Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
Yep....first it's New Years then the Beast. I have been studying for the 291 on and off for the past 6 months. I am still not sure if I am ready. I got the two for 1 deal, so I wanted to take it now because I have to take the second one by January 30th. The info still seems all a little overwhelming. DNS, DHCP, RRAS, VPN, NAT, IPSec,etc...etc. I think I got DNS and DHCP pretty well down. Anyway, wish me luck. If I can pass the 291 then all I would need is the Network+ and I would have my MCSA. Then its off to finishing school and hopefully finding a decent job.

Comments

• Options
    nknk417nknk417 Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    It was horrible. When I click finished I thought well if I didn't pass I thought I might have been close. NOT...I got a lousy 496. icon_sad.gificon_sad.gificon_sad.gif

All I have to say is eat, sleep, and breath DNS, Delegation, Zones, Primary, Secondary, Stubs. Half the questions related to DNS. About 1/4 was on RRAS and the rest a mixture of IPSec, SUS, Audit, and group policies.

I got until Jan 30th to study my ass off, however, I am not sure I will be able to pull it off. I work full time, attend school at nights and am Married with a 2 yr old. It will be tough. This one might take a while. icon_mad.gif
  • Options
    grover77grover77 Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    unlucky nknk417 icon_sad.gif , My third attempt is soon.

As you say, DNS is the main part, but you must know IPsec, and RRAS inside out to.

To many topics covered in this one!.
  • Options
    jescabjescab Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,321
    keep at it - you can do it - we are all pulling for you........
    GO STEELERS GO - STEELERS RULE
  • Options
    TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Sorry to hear you did not pass. Have you considered getting a good set of practice questions to help you prepare?

Hang in there, you will get it next time.
  • Options
    jkstechjkstech Member Posts: 330
    keep trying, it's good that these test are a little difficult, it will feel that much better when you pass it, and you will pass it, just keep trying
    get back to studying!!!
  • Options
    TrailerisfTrailerisf Member Posts: 455
    nknk417 wrote:
    I got until Jan 30th to study my ass off, however, I am not sure I will be able to pull it off. I work full time, attend school at nights and am Married with a 2 yr old. It will be tough. This one might take a while. icon_mad.gif
    You already know the areas you are weak one.. Study and you will make it.. If you don't, didnt cost you anything.

Best of luck
    On the road to Cisco. Will I hunt it, or will it hunt me?
  • Options
    gbhpboygbhpboy Member Posts: 68 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hang in there ! treat the beast with respect, and we're all routing for you to slay it next time ! good studies, hard studies and good luck.
  • Options
    DaPunnisherDaPunnisher Member Posts: 108
    nknk417 wrote:

With this attitude you are setting yourself up to fail! I am in your position except that I have a 2yr old and a newborn! It may seem like you don't have any free time, but you have to MAKE time! I personally use audio CDs while I drive. Though it isn't the best study method it still is at least something. Also, I either read a book or bring my laptop to bed. It drives my wife nuts but if that's what it takes to study then thats what I have to do. Try printing out some study materials and read while you eat lunch or while on a coffee break. If you are studying online, force yourself to stay off of the internet sites that easily distract you!

It's gonna be tough, but remember the reason you are studying. You want to provide a good life for your family and that should, in itself, be the reason for your motivation!

Best of luck to you! I know you can do it!