WGU Project+ Question

stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
I have a quick question for those who've taken the Project+ course through WGU. PMI allows you to claim 23 hours of class time for any project management courses you take and apply the time toward their CAPM (Certified Associate in Project Management). Given that there is a greater market for CAPM than for Project+, do you think it takes 23 hours to read through the materials that WGU provides? I recognize that the amount of time needed to complete it is very dependent upon a variety of factors (how fast one reads, how quickly one picks up the concepts, how much prior project management experience one has, etc.), so I am just wondering if those who've passed the course would give me a ball park figure for how long it took them to read, understand, and complete the course.

Thank you.
The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me

Comments

• markulousmarkulous Member Posts: 2,394 ■■■■■■■■□□
    To read both books, it probably took me a good 30 hours of actually absorb the material and do the quizzes after each chapter. Felt like it was way longer because of how dry it was.
  • stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Thanks for the reply, markulous. I was thinking that the training would very well last at least 23 contact hours for me. Do you think the materials provided and the chapter quizzes were enough to pass?
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • markulousmarkulous Member Posts: 2,394 ■■■■■■■■□□
    stryder144 wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply, markulous. I was thinking that the training would very well last at least 23 contact hours for me. Do you think the materials provided and the chapter quizzes were enough to pass?

Yes, it is enough. Only reading one of the books and memorizing the basic formulas is enough to pass. Biggest challenge for me was the dry material. If you can look past that, you are gold.
  • SouljackerSouljacker Member Posts: 112 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Use the uCertify package as well, especially the questions. They are similar to what you are going to actually see on the test. It was probably the best preparation tool of the bunch that WGU offers. Don't bother with the Lynda videos - everything you will need is in the uCertify package and the Heldman book. Read the other one if you have time or want to clock more hours, but you can easily do 30 hours in the uCert prep for the credit, and be confident you will pass the test.