Options

Passed 801 A+ Today

cdxcdx Member Posts: 186
Just wanted to say that this forum has helped me research for what materials to use to study and it resulted in me passing my 801 test this morning. I wanted to contribute back and pay it forward. :)

Study materials I used to pass and that I recommend:
EXAMCRAM Book by DAVID L. PROWSE - I used their exam cram sheet that is included with the book. I did not read the book but if you want to take the time you can and it should help you further understand the material.

Professor Messor A+ Videos on youtube. (free) I watched all of his videos.

Practice Tests:
Examcompass.com (I took all 10 of their 801 A+ Practice tests and made sure I was getting 90% on each one)
Examcram Practice tests that come with the book

Field Experience / Work Experience I have:
2 years as computer technician
1 year field/network engineer

Tips for the test:
The key to these tests are to make sure you:
1) Skim the answers
2) Read the question
3) Read the answers again in detail
4) Read the question again in detail
5) Select your answer

The questions will have KEY words and if you miss that KEY word you will select the wrong answer.

Good luck everyone. Anyone can pass this test if you understand how the test asks the questions and if you studied the material + took practice tests.
Bachelor of Science - Information Technology - Security
Associate of Science - Computer Information Systems

Comments

• Options
    DoyenDoyen Member Posts: 397 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations on the pass icon_thumright.gif It is indeed the best way to pay it forward by sharing your experiences and your study methods. What is your plan for the 802?
    Goals for 2016: [] VCP 5.5: ICM (recertifying) , [ ] VMware VCA-NV, [ ] 640-911 DCICN, [ ] 640-916 DCICT, [ ] CCNA: Data Center, [ ] CISSP (Associate), [ ] 300-101 ROUTE, [ ] 300-115 SWITCH, [ ] 300-135 TSHOOT, [ ] CCNP: Route & Switch, [ ] CEHv8, [ ] LX0-103, [ ] LX0-104
    Future Goals: WGU MSISA or Capital Technology Univerisity MSCIS Degree Program
    Click here to connect with me on LinkedIn! Just mention your are from Techexams.net.
  • Options
    Thank you Doyen, I plan to continue using the same study materials I mentioned above and take the 802 this Friday. Basically just practice tests and from the examcram book to get ready for the 802. I also forgot to mention to look over the Official Comptia Exam Objectives to make sure you have covered everything.
  • Options
    DoyenDoyen Member Posts: 397 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'll be looking forward to your post on Friday icon_thumright.gif
    Goals for 2016: [] VCP 5.5: ICM (recertifying) , [ ] VMware VCA-NV, [ ] 640-911 DCICN, [ ] 640-916 DCICT, [ ] CCNA: Data Center, [ ] CISSP (Associate), [ ] 300-101 ROUTE, [ ] 300-115 SWITCH, [ ] 300-135 TSHOOT, [ ] CCNP: Route & Switch, [ ] CEHv8, [ ] LX0-103, [ ] LX0-104
    Future Goals: WGU MSISA or Capital Technology Univerisity MSCIS Degree Program
    Click here to connect with me on LinkedIn! Just mention your are from Techexams.net.
  • Options
    hisesahisesa Member Posts: 30 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!
  • Options
    Adam BAdam B Member Posts: 108 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats buddy!
    2015 Goals: CCNP SWITCH [] SEC+ [ ] CCNP ROUTE [ ] CCNP TSHOOT [ ]

• Options
    fcp4lifefcp4life Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations man! this kinda answers a concern I had i thought when you buy a voucher you had to take both... I too am using ExamCram and professor messer just finished all the videos for professor messer... notebook full of notes!
  • Options
    EdinEdin Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Sounds great! :) Congratulations on passing 801 and thanks for the tips.

I'm reviewing course material for A+ at the moment.
  • Options
    MattyIceVAMattyIceVA Member Posts: 46 ■■□□□□□□□□
    @cdx

Congrats on passing 801! I'm in the process of studying now. I'm curious though, how did you get a computer tech job with no experience or certs. I am in the process of looking for a position that will give me some sort of experience.
  • Options
    onyeisionyeisi Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! You're on your way.
    "A noble man makes noble plans and by noble deeds he stands."
  • Options
    MattyIceVA

I have 2 Certificate of Comptencies for Computer Repair and Software from College, I also have an Associates in Computer Info Systems, and a Network+ MTA Cert. Also, when you know people they can hook you up with a job :)