Options

SYS-401 Study Material?

C.FountainC.Fountain Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey everyone!
I'm currently taking a Sec+ class covering SYS-301, but I think I'm going to plan on taking 401 instead. I doubt much will be different, and I feel that taking the latest version of the test would be a good idea. Does anyone know of a book covering the new exam? Also, should I use an ExamCram book, or is it okay to use something like **************?

Thanks for any help!

Comments

• Options
    BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Darrill Gibson already has his 401 study guide out. For Kindle its 9.99, few weeks ago he ran a 2.99 special for one day only celebrating the new release. You can't go wrong with his guide.
  • Options
    Thanks Bokeh!
    I'm going to stay away from ebooks for now, since I don't have a tablet and don't want to kill my eyes reading an ebook on my laptop. :P I found a Pearson book scheduled to come out in late February, so I think I will stick with that. Other than the book you mentioned and the Pearson book, it doesn't seem like much else will be out until mid- to late-March.
  • Options
    DrethylDrethyl Member Posts: 121 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Bokeh wrote: »
    Darrill Gibson already has his 401 study guide out. For Kindle its 9.99, few weeks ago he ran a 2.99 special for one day only celebrating the new release. You can't go wrong with his guide.

I can't believe I missed out on that deal.
  • Options
    LauraMalaveLauraMalave Member Posts: 52 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Professor Messer has the video training set available for SY0-401.

I would recommend comparing/contrasting the objectives from both exams, and then review the videos for the new objectives.
  • Options
    Thanks Laura! That's probably what I'll do. I also think I'm going to pick up these books: http://www.amazon.com/dp/0789753332/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=2N6WP2MNWGDGB&coliid=I1B4J7AODFGID9 and CompTIA Security+ SY0-401 Authorized Exam Cram (4th Edition): Kirk Hausman, Martin Weiss, Diane Barrett: 9780789753342: Amazon.com: Books

By any chance, does anyone know the last day to register for the SY0-301 exam? I don't think my classmates/teachers know its changing over, and I want to let them know. Thanks again!
  • Options
    kallekula1000kallekula1000 Registered Users Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I can recommend getting the 401 practice question book from McGraw Hill.