Options

iPhone 5S V's iPhone 6 - Thoughts?

Asif DaslAsif Dasl Member Posts: 2,116 ■■■■■■■■□□
Just wondering if anyone here has/had both iPhone 5S and iPhone 6.

I currently have iPhone 5S but looking at the comparison and apart from a bigger screen I'm not sure it's worth the upgrade? The iPhone 6 still has a 8 megapixel camera - I'm just not sure what I am paying extra for?

Thoughts? Was it worth the upgrade?

Comments

• Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I own the 5s but I have messed around with the 6 a lot at work. The other BA in my department has one. First of all the bigger screen is HUGE. I find it to be the perfect size for the phone. I've not seen the 6+ up close but the 6 is absolutely money. With the recent upgrades the performance of the 6 is way smoother and faster. My 5s now is slow and stutters through some of the menus. Maybe this is Apple's way of kicking you in the arse to get the 6? IDK but nevertheless it has tempted me to an early buyout and purchase.

I've not experienced this but my buddy noticed before the second patch the I6 was getting insanely hot. I'm not sure what was going on there, if it was a defect on his phone but it sounded kind of sketchy.

Overall the product looks like another hit.

Oh and I love the 6 :)
  • Options
    JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    I just moved from the 5 to the 6 and have a 6 Plus on order. I can say that the 6 is what the 5/5S should have been. The screen size, the feel in the hand, it's perfect. It's super fast, the screen is big enough to read comfortably on and I can still one hand text and do about everything else. I am drawn to the screen size of the Plus as well as the better battery life (people are going two days until needing to charge). Today I will be making my third trip to the Apple store to get some hands on time with the 6 Plus. I'd rather make a decision on whether to get the 6 or 6 Plus. The 6 I have now is for my wife.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • Options
    Asif DaslAsif Dasl Member Posts: 2,116 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Oh go on.. you've both sold me on it. I want to get on to a business phone contract so I might have to wait a little while for it to come in to stock on the contract I'm going with though... This video also sold me on it over the alternatives...
  • Options
    tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I like the 5s design more than the 6, I upgraded because I switched carriers and decided to get new phones with the switch. The 5s is a better size if you view your phone as a "phone, camera, use a few apps". I find myself doing the ol "balance the phone on my pinkie while stretching to reach something on the top row that I did back when I had a Droid Razr. Then I discovered you can increase the icon size and use "Reachability" (double tap home button) so I just have to train myself on using that until it's second nature.

I was thinking about the 6 Plus but for 99 dollars more I could get four times more storage on a 6 was too hard to dismiss. Also the 6 Plus in landscape mode is 16x9 and not 4x3 like a tablet so typing in that mode takes up more of the screen compared to a tablet.
  • Options
    daviddwsdaviddws Member Posts: 303 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I got the iphone 6 for my wife and I'm really impressed. I personally dont think I would get it because even the smaller size is a little too big for me. I have the 4s, and love the small form factor, which I feel gives me a little more privacy when using it versus a bigger screen where everyone can see what I am doing.
  • Options
    tprice5tprice5 Member Posts: 770
    6 has NFC. Currently locked to apple pay but that won't last for long, especially with the Homekit API that was just released. That alone is enough to sway me. Factor in more screen real estate and refreshed components and I am sold. Bought my wife one two nights ago. Holding off on mine until I move back stateside and can get a subsidized one.
    Certification To-Do: CEH [ ], CHFI [ ], NCSA [ ], E10-001 [ ], 70-413 [ ], 70-414 [ ]
    WGU MSISA
    Start Date: 10/01/2014 | Complete Date: ASAP
    All Courses: LOT2, LYT2 , UVC2, ORA1, VUT2, VLT2 , FNV2 , TFT2 , JIT2 , FMV2, FXT2 , LQT2