how long to do 200-101?

chickenlicken09chickenlicken09 Member Posts: 537 ■■■■□□□□□□
Hi,

Just starting into this now after completing 100-101. How long do you reckon? Easier or harder than 100-101?

Comments

• Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I felt the test was harder but the work was easier. Simple reason is it builds on the CCENT information.
    In terms of prep time I would say about the same time as the first exam.

To me it all depends on your reading comprehension speed. If you can read 100+ pages of a technical book then you can probably do it in two weeks. Not many people can keep up with that pace and retain the information.
  • chickenlicken09chickenlicken09 Member Posts: 537 ■■■■□□□□□□
    cool,anyone else?
  • EdificerEdificer Member Posts: 187 ■■■□□□□□□□
    If it's a 100 page book, I'd say two weeks indeed, through a lot of repetition reading. If you are considering studying through the official cert books, which since September 2013 are 700+ pages, and a lot better categorized i.e. "Do I Know This Already" quizzes before each chapter.. I'd say a respectful 4-6 months. :)
    “Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.” Confucius
  • davenulldavenull Member Posts: 173 ■■■□□□□□□□
    200-101 is quite a bit harder than 100-101. I'd recommend giving it more time than what you spent on the ICND1.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I agree with davenull on this one. The 200-101 is a lot harder. Look at the exam syllabus and see for yourself. There is a lot more material to cover then then CCENT. If you passed 100-101 recently I would recommend that you jump on the ICND2 material as soon as possible since the material is fresh in you mind. In regards to overall time to prepare for the exam, I would say maybe 6 months or so depending on speed and how well you understand the information. If the information comes easy to you then take it sooner. Consider practice exams to test your knowledge and speed on the exam. What are you currently using to prep for the exam?