Options

Have CCENT going to ICND2 after 1 year

xocityxocity Member Posts: 230
Hello TE World,
It’s been a while since I’ve posted here but I have a question. I have took the OLD ICND1 like a year and 2 months ago (a while ago). Now I’m planning to go back and finally finish and get my CCNA. I havn’t used my CCENT much in the last year except the Theory like Vlans and Some subnetting but nothing on the command line. I don’t remember much of the old ICND1 exam but im sure I can brush up on it and get back up to speed.

Now, would it be best to study up again for the new ICND1 to learn the latest and greatest? Or just skip it and go straight to the new ICND2 and finish up my CCNA? ICND2 can be my refresher course for what I learned previously I think. I would prefer to learn everything and just breeze through the exam than miss something from re-taking the ICND1. Finances is not the concern I have, just trying to make the best out of my time.

Any input would be appreciated,

Thank you all

Comments

• Options
    markulousmarkulous Member Posts: 2,394 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I don't know what your exam was like, but I know they have recently added quite a bit of information to the CCENT and made it more difficult. I would personally go through the objectives on Cisco's website and brush up on whichever topics you haven't looked at in a while. I'm studying for the CCNA right now and there really aren't a ton of new concepts. Maybe just HSRP, EIGRP, and frame relay. Everything else is just a more expanded version of the CCENT.
  • Options
    awitt11awitt11 Member Posts: 50 ■□□□□□□□□□
    You don't need to re-take ICND1 to study the concepts. If I were in your shoes I would buy the new 2 book OCG set (ICND 1+2). Review the first book but don't sit for the test. This should fill any gaps between the old and new tests.