Options

2 classes left at WGU

TybTyb Member Posts: 207 ■■■□□□□□□□
Just passed the CCNA Security, all that is left is Technical Writing and the Capstone.
WGU BS:IT Security (March 2015)
WGU MS:ISA (February 2016 )

Comments

• Options
    srabieesrabiee Member Posts: 1,231 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Took me about 2 ~ 3 weeks total. You're at the finish line!
    WGU Progress: Master of Science - Information Technology Management (Start Date: February 1, 2015)
    Completed: LYT2, TFT2, JIT2, MCT2, LZT2, SJT2 (17 CU's)
    Required: FXT2, MAT2, MBT2, C391, C392 (13 CU's)

Bachelor of Science - Information Technology Network Design & Management (WGU - Completed August 2014)
  • Options
    TybTyb Member Posts: 207 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I can't wait to cross it, I may let my brain rest afterwards lol
    WGU BS:IT Security (March 2015)
    WGU MS:ISA (February 2016 )
  • Options
    snunez889snunez889 Member Posts: 238 ■■■□□□□□□□
    srabiee wrote: »
    Took me about 2 ~ 3 weeks total. You're at the finish line!

Is the technical writing and capstone really that simple?
  • Options
    srabieesrabiee Member Posts: 1,231 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Simple? Depends on your perspective. I put in many hours. My technical writing paper was 23 pages and my capstone was 35 pages. It was a lot of work and research.
    WGU Progress: Master of Science - Information Technology Management (Start Date: February 1, 2015)
    Completed: LYT2, TFT2, JIT2, MCT2, LZT2, SJT2 (17 CU's)
    Required: FXT2, MAT2, MBT2, C391, C392 (13 CU's)

Bachelor of Science - Information Technology Network Design & Management (WGU - Completed August 2014)
  • Options
    selenityhyperionselenityhyperion Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    What does the Capstone entail?
    Completed: Starting February 1, 2015
    Needed: C182, EUP1, EUC1, C173, C169, C172, CRV1, C175, C170, TYC1, TYP1, C191, C178, C176, C393, C394, EDV1, TWA1, 3 unkown course numbers
    Transferred: BVC1, TBP1, TCP1, CJC1, IWC1, CLC1, IWT1, BNC1, C278, C164, C132 (33)
  • Options
    slinuxuzerslinuxuzer Member Posts: 665 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The absolute first thing you should do is book time with a course mentor to go over the requirements for technical writing and capstone, I can't state the importance of this enough.
  • Options
    zidianzidian Member Posts: 132
    I didn't use the course mentor at all for the tech writing and capstone. My tech writing was only returned for revisions once and my capstone was accepted on the first try. YMMV
    WGU BS-IT Software | Completed 9/30/2014
  • Options
    BundimanBundiman Member Posts: 201
    I used the course mentor. It took me a total of seven days to have both completed. But talking to the course mentor and following thier instructions both passed on the first submission.
    Bachelor of Science, IT - Security Emphasis (Start Date: Apr 1st, 2013)
    Bachelor of Science, IT - Security Emphasis (Completed: Apr 25t, 2014)
  • Options
    210mike210mike Member Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□
    slinuxuzer wrote: »
    The absolute first thing you should do is book time with a course mentor to go over the requirements for technical writing and capstone, I can't state the importance of this enough.

Agree wholeheartedly. The course mentors will walk you through this. I passed both on the first try.

Also don't over complicate it. I have a tendency to make things more difficult than they need to be. You just have to meet the objectives on the rubric, that is it. It took me about 3 weeks to finish both using material familiar to me. I just finished my degree a couple days ago, so good luck and get it over with!
    WGU BS: IT Network and Design Management (Completed Oct 2014)