INE v5 Full Scale Lab is Available!

Network_EngineerNetwork_Engineer Member Posts: 142 ■■■□□□□□□□

Comments

• jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I just noticed this update myself. Have you tried it yet?
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • Network_EngineerNetwork_Engineer Member Posts: 142 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Loaded config on my home lab. Starting sections tonight. I only have 12 routers, but should be able to complete the majority.
  • ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Loaded config on my home lab. Starting sections tonight. I only have 12 routers, but should be able to complete the majority.

Enjoy. Let us know how it goes.
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Timely. I've got about 4 months left and it's time to hammer the command line.
  • Network_EngineerNetwork_Engineer Member Posts: 142 ■■■□□□□□□□
    v5 Troubleshooting Labs were posted!

CCIE RSv5 Workbook Troubleshooting Labs Now Available

I completed OSPF and RIP sections on full scale lab. Still working on the rest. So far so good. I had to modify the configs for my home lab.

I will switch to rack rentals once the 20 router rack rental is available.
  • stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□

You "only have 12 routers"? Hahahaha...I can't wait until I can convince my wife that additional routers and switches are a "good idea"!
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • lrblrb Member Posts: 526
    Just completed the first full scale lab tonight with the initial configs Brian provides and using my IOU setup. Took me about 5 and a half hours to complete.

I wouldn't say any of the tasks were particularly hard, just lengthy and requires you to keep concentration for the entire time. I can tell this is something I'm going to have to keep working on for game day.

Also I have literally never seen one of the commands in section 8.1!
  • LevithanLevithan Member Posts: 72 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Is the $499 price for real? Would love to try these out, but thats a pretty penny to shell out for something thats still semi-beta...
  • HeeroHeero Member Posts: 486
    The all access-pass is only $99/month if you want to try it out. I'm pretty sure most people just go with the all access-pass. It gives you all their training workbooks and videos, and you can also access their rack rental system, but that requires tokens which cost money. The price is pretty fair though.
    Levithan wrote: »
    Is the $499 price for real? Would love to try these out, but thats a pretty penny to shell out for something thats still semi-beta...

Like Levithan said, a lot of people including myself will go for the AAP because its a good price point. I also got 500 tokens for a good price when they had a sale. At the moment the CCIEv5 rentals are only 3/tokens an hour. Most of the Vol1 workbook has been redone for v5.
  • LevithanLevithan Member Posts: 72 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Is the workbook and lab content downloadable?
    The newer workbooks are all online. The initial configs etc are available to download so you can use them on your own equipment though