Options

How ready am I for the 802?

tjb122982tjb122982 Member Posts: 255 ■■■□□□□□□□
I just passed the A+ 801 on Wednesday and I spent a few hours this weekend studying for the A+ 802. I almost passed with a 716 after studying a little bit. I studied a little more this morning, then took a break to watch football (of course), and then I took another practice test and only missed two out of a 100. Up to this point, I only have been using the DVD that came with the Exam Cram A+ book by David Prowse (Pearson). I also used a Testout a little bit but I did far better with the DVD from the Cram book. So my question is how ready am I? Specifically, could I take this week or should I study a little more and wait for the week after the week after that?

Comments

• Options
    yinyang4everyinyang4ever Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    The exams on Exam Cram are good but make sure for 802 that you are practising everything as well. The Practical Simulations on the 802 exam gives limited options to solve the problem (i.e limited Commands and Settings). I used Exam Cram, alot of info from this Forum and did all of the practose quizzes from ( CompTIA A+ Certification Connectors & Cabling Quiz). They have (10x) 25 Question 802 quizzes, as well as Printer Quiz w/ 30 Questions, Windows Command Line Quiz w/ 50 Questions; and Connectors and Cabling Quiz w. 50 questions. I hope this helps.

Good luck.
  • Options
    cdxcdx Member Posts: 186
    Check out Examcompass.com for additional tests that are free and legal by Comptia.
    Bachelor of Science - Information Technology - Security
    Associate of Science - Computer Information Systems
  • Options
    cdx wrote: »
    Check out Examcompass.com for additional tests that are free and legal by Comptia.

Thanks for the tip. I'll have to share this one too with others.
  • Options
    sk8ter4lifesk8ter4life Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Not to high jack the thread, but I was going to take my 802 as well. I passed the 801 last december 2013, does that mean I have a little over a month to complete the A+ to be certified.

thanks
  • Options
    Not to high jack the thread, but I was going to take my 802 as well. I passed the 801 last december 2013, does that mean I have a little over a month to complete the A+ to be certified.

thanks

The lady at my testing center told me that there was no time limit but honestly I would call CompTIA.
  • Options
    By the way, I passed!!! I'm sorry I have been late. It has been a hectic few days. Thanks again for all of your support and advice.
  • Options
    congrats man im scheduled to take the 802 this friday
  • Options
    what kind of command prompt questions did u have?
  • Options
    cdx wrote: »
    what kind of command prompt questions did u have?

It's been a few weeks so do not hold that to me but I think there were some questions about registry edit and ipconfig.