A+ is Two Tests?

lucasmun09lucasmun09 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello, I am a highschooler who is interested in taking the A+ certification.

I have been doing a personal research on this and found out that there was two different parts for the A+ certification. i went to the CompTIA website and found out that you also need to purchase a voucher in order to take the exam. So does that voucher cover two parts of the whole certification process or will I have by two for each part. Thank you!

P.S. Also, what kind of general A+ do you guys recommend? I saw that book by Michael Meyers was pretty good but it was published in 2013. Should I get that or is it "out of date" by the IT standards?

Comments

• Jmart10Jmart10 Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    yea two tests about 180$ each.
  • stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    To be honest, the A+ cert covers material going back nearly 20 years. The current A+ came online sometime after I took the exams, which was Oct/Nov 2012. So, I think that something written in 2013 is still valid. Don't forget to watch the Professor Messer videos.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • LauraMalaveLauraMalave Member Posts: 52 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Check with your high school to see if they are a CompTIA Authorized Academy.
    If so, this will provide at least a 50% discount code for the exam vouchers.