Options

70-680 Pass

CammernCammern Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello fine people of TechExams!

So I passed my 70-680 exam today on second try, with 765 score (third if we count the one time I forgot my passport and was not allowed to do the exam). I got 571 score on my first try.

I thought I'd share my experience with this exam, and how I approached it.

First off I started by reading the book from Microsoft, but soon realized that I would never remember anything this way, seeing that the book was so complicated and heavy read (in my opinion).

So the way I approached it was by doing the practice exam over and over. When ever I stumbled onto stuff unfamiliar I would look it up (usually in the video series I watched, I will get to that soon), as well as questions I failed.

I watched through Professor Messor's video series, as well as IT Free Training, I'd re watch the ones I struggled with over and over until I understood. I did watch a little of CBS Nuggets video series.

So I mainly did the practice test and watched these two video series over and over until I felt I understood it well enough.

I also came across a few study notes on this forum, that I read through on the bus back and forth from work.

Comments

• Options
    rocaferryrocaferry Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats Cammern icon_thumright.gif must be a great feeling. I will probably do mine in a week or so and absolutely dreading iticon_sad.gif (because of techexam forum LOL).

Just a few questions if I may on your exam whilst its still fresh in the memory. The usual really but...how many questions did you have and how much more complex were they in comparison to your practice test. Were there alot of "Woah..what the F is this S---" type questions or did you feel they were more or less close to what you studied?
  • Options
    I had 56 questions. The actual exam is nothing like the practice test at all, for example, in the practice test you can easily separate right from wrong. But it is a great way to figure out what to focus on, the explanations is also great way to practice. My number one suggestion is not to over think stuff, go with your gut, and if your not sure mark the question for review later.

First time taking the exam I only read the book, and going into the exam I had a lot of 'what the f' moments, I found the book it self not very useful, just too much information to take in. Doing the practice test and videos along with what I struggled with really made me get a better understanding of everything.
  • Options
    10Linefigure10Linefigure Member Posts: 368 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats man thats excellent!
    CCNP R&S, Security+
    B.S. Geography - Business Minor
    MicroMasters - CyberSecurity
    Professional Certificate - IT Project Management
  • Options
    rocaferryrocaferry Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    oh cool, cheers for the response. The number of questions people seem to get seems completely random. But I've been practicing with 50 question tests which seems about right. Its a shame there aren't more comparative practice tests out there that at least stay true to the style of the actual test. Like you I've gone down the mock tests and video route, although I did use the Window 7 config book basically as a guideline for my labs (completed all the practice scenarios for my self). Anyway thanks for the update I let you get back to that "I'm an MCP, B!t@h!!" feelingicon_cool.gif
  • Options
    Hehe, yeah the mock tests is a great way to at least help you figure out what you need to focus on and practice, but I agree, I wish it was more like the test. Not much celebratory feeling, I had to start right onto 70-410 now, so no breaks. Good luck with your exam :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Nice! The 70-680 is a cert I plan on taking after my CCNA. What can you say in regards to difficulty? Are there sim questions like there are in CompTIA or Cisco or is it strictly multiple choice?
  • Options
    7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats icon_cool.gif
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • Options
    ENormanENorman Member Posts: 6 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good Job, Cammernicon_cheers.gif:) it gives me motivation when I hear someone pass 70-680. I failed my 1st try as well scored 534. I been studying frm a pool of question & answer. confuse I have 2 different answer 4 the same question. Acompany has client computers that run Vista. U need 2 -nstall window 7 on a client computer in a dual boot configuration with existing Vista installation, without reducing size of the partition that contains Vista. Which actions should u perform. on one set of question Answer is: Add a hard disk 2 the client computer, Boot the client computer frm window 7 nstallation media & choose the custom installation option window7 nstallation. on another set of question Answer is Add a hard disk 2 the client computer Launch a window 7 Nstallation frm within vista by using setup.exe 7 choose the Upgrade installation option during the win 7 nstallation. I quess that y I fail wrg ans. can someone post the correct Ans please.
  • Options
    Rocket ImpossibleRocket Impossible Member Posts: 104
    Congrats! I want to give it a try in the next few months. Good to hear about a pass.
  • Options
    $chrutebuck$chrutebuck Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Which practice exam(s) did you take? I just took the test yesterday and think the practice exams are going to get me over the hump.
  • Options
    ENormanENorman Member Posts: 6 ■■■□□□□□□□
    ENorman wrote: »
    Good Job, Cammernicon_cheers.gif:) it gives me motivation when I hear someone pass 70-680. I failed my 1st try as well scored 534. I been studying frm a pool of question & answer.
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! icon_cool.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63