Options

Cisco vs. Microsoft

bipkarybipkary Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi all ,
Which company's hardware is dominating in "Networking" world?
Cisco OR Microsift??

Bottom line is ... I would like to stay in Networking field, not Software.
So which Certifications would be better to get a decent job --

Cisco certifications OR Microsoft certifications ????

Any advice?
Thanx

Comments

• Options
    milliampmilliamp Member Posts: 135
    I am not trying to flame you or anything, but it makes me mad to know I would be overlooked for basicially any job I might actually be interested in because I don't have a 4 year degree, only to see people with a 4 year degree in the field ask questions like this one.

In general, Cisco makes routers (network gear) and MS makes client and server operating systems. Although it is possible, MS products are generally not used to route network traffic.
  • Options
    patelharipatelhari Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
    i agree with milliamp. but it depends on u. well if u see the top 10 certification s then u will find cci on top and then mcse and then at no 5 u will find ccnp and there is no ccna. but purely if u want to go to network field then u have to go for cisco and if u want to go to somthing like management of pcs then u have to go for mcse.

i m going to do both of them coz it will give me good opportunities in the industry. They both are the sides of coin and if u know both of them u can get good jobs and after that if u upgrade your knowledge with ccnp then u will be a master.
    I like to play around with 11111111.11111111.11111111.00000000
  • Options
    darkuserdarkuser Member Posts: 620 ■■■□□□□□□□
    um .... microsoft makes software ???? not hardware .....
    unless you consider the xbox hardware.

they like make the windows operating system or something billy g bought the company that made dos , then dropped a gui on top for windows 3.1
    and the rest is history.

cisco makes networking equipment and just bought scientific atlanta
    hmmmmm
    imagine the cisco multimedia operating system icon_twisted.gif
    rm -rf /
  • Options
    cisco_troublecisco_trouble Inactive Imported Users Posts: 78 ■■□□□□□□□□
    what about the Cisco IOS? icon_wink.gif
    "To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."