Options

Booked for December

jacksonrjacksonr Member Posts: 106 ■■■□□□□□□□
Ok, after two Fails of the 70-680 (505 and a 622), I have booked it again for two months time.

I am using CBT Nuggests, Professer Messer, and IT free training.

I have built an 2008 R2 ADDS, and have 4 VM's with 1 with Vista, 1 with XP and two with 7.
I am planning on going through all the videos segment by segment, so:

CBT installing Windows,
Messer installing Windows,
IT Free Installing Windows.

Does anyone have any tips? I was looking to take it again in September but I was so frustrated by the last score that I have just kept putting it off.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    MeanDrunkR2D2MeanDrunkR2D2 Member Posts: 899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I'd also pick up a book to help understand some of the points in the exam if you have had this difficulty in the exams. Also, pick up some good practice tests/simulators out there to shore up weak areas when doing the practice tests. Then look over every question, even the correct ones, and see why that is the answer and know why it is the best answer. You have 2 months to study up and the CBT nuggets was golden for me when I did my exams, but I also read through the MS books, even though there were a bit dry. I'm sure that there are better books out there now that really focus on the objectives of the exam and will truly help prepare you for it. Now, for some reading is boring and not a good method, but for me I found that it did help when I would read a chapter, and then watch the CBT nuggets videos for that section and then practice test each section. It took me about 2 months of studying/labbing/testing and I felt confident going in and passed easily.
  • Options
    jacksonrjacksonr Member Posts: 106 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks Drunk, duly noted. I have a two hour commute to work and back every day so thats an hour of reading each way, and an hour at lunch. Plan on studying from 19:00 till 00:00 most days after work. Need to cram as much in as possible as I really want to move onto the 70-686.

I also have the Microsoft 70-680 Book & Practice Test, and I have also just bought the Transcender Practice exams too.