Options

First IT Promotion

markulousmarkulous Member Posts: 2,394 ■■■■■■■■□□
Well about 3-4 months ago I applied for the next level up and got turned down and I was disappointed but still put my nose down and kept studying. Last week I got a surprise interview for a similar position and just found out today I got it. Got an actual IT job for the first time last December (which was a temp job), got this one a few months later, and now I'm going from 31K to 45K. All the certs I'm getting and knowledge I've learned have really helped me. It's at a help desk so now I get to work Level 2 tickets now. Really nice to be out of the entry-level area. icon_cheers.gif

Comments

• Options
    kohr-ahkohr-ah Member Posts: 1,277
    Very nice! Congrats!
  • Options
    coreyb80coreyb80 Member Posts: 647 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats...keep doing what you doing!
    WGU BS - Network Operations and Security
    Completion Date: May 2021
  • Options
    snunez889snunez889 Member Posts: 238 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats man... has to feel good to be moving on up
  • Options
    --chris----chris-- Member Posts: 1,518 ■■■■■□□□□□
    BIG CONGRATS! If your Tier 1 work was anything like mine I am sure you are tired of them already.
  • Options
    markulousmarkulous Member Posts: 2,394 ■■■■■■■■□□
    --chris-- wrote: »
    BIG CONGRATS! If your Tier 1 work was anything like mine I am sure you are tired of them already.

That's the truth. I am not ungrateful or cocky, but I was getting a little bored. I got to study quite a bit, but the tasks were pretty easy.
  • Options
  • Options
    zxbanezxbane Member Posts: 740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats, shows that hard work and dedication pays off.
  • Options
    iBrokeITiBrokeIT Member Posts: 1,318 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats! Glad to see all of your hard work pay off. Reading these types of posts never gets old. icon_cheers.gif
    2019: GPEN | GCFE | GXPN | GICSP | CySA+ 
    2020: GCIP | GCIA 
    2021: GRID | GDSA | Pentest+ 
    2022: GMON | GDAT
    2023: GREM  | GSE | GCFA

WGU BS IT-NA | SANS Grad Cert: PT&EH | SANS Grad Cert: ICS Security | SANS Grad Cert: Cyber Defense Ops SANS Grad Cert: Incident Response
  • Options
    jonenojoneno Member Posts: 257 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!!! Keep burning those late night oil.
  • Options
    --chris----chris-- Member Posts: 1,518 ■■■■■□□□□□
    markulous wrote: »
    That's the truth. I am not ungrateful or cocky, but I was getting a little bored. I got to study quite a bit, but the tasks were pretty easy.

I leveled off quickly at my tier 1 job, its not being cocky....that stuff is just a lot of repetition. Very few new things would pop up, and when they did they went quickly to tier 2/3 icon_sad.gif

Getting pushed into the deep end is a good thing, helps that learning curve keep a steep angle!
  • Options
    LeifAlireLeifAlire Member Posts: 106
    Congratulations on your promotion!!! I can still remember mine, also can remember when I was just about fired from an IT job for messing up icon_sad.gif
    2015 Goals: VCP-550 - CISA - 70-417
  • Options
    stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • Options
    lsud00dlsud00d Member Posts: 1,571
    Congrats @markulous! Take the time to soak it up and throw feelers out for different areas of IT.
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
  • Options
    10Linefigure10Linefigure Member Posts: 368 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    CCNP R&S, Security+
    B.S. Geography - Business Minor
    MicroMasters - CyberSecurity
    Professional Certificate - IT Project Management