Options

Failed Network+ TWICE

2»

Comments

• Options
    Codeman6669Codeman6669 Member Posts: 227
    Wait. You want to give up on networking to learn about hardware and OS?

Get the A+ first. Then do the Network+ But since your already here and doing the N+, then go nail this SOB like the dirty B**** she is.

700 is SO close man. I failed the CCENT the first time by 3 points. Two weeks later took it and passed +50 points.

Study your ass off, get proper sleep, eat good, drink plety of water, keep your body and your mind in the right place. Make you about passing this test right now. You do got this.

I look forward to you "i passed!" post.
  • Options
    thehayn1thehayn1 Member Posts: 46 ■■□□□□□□□□
    DO NOT QUIT! I have all the Proffesor Messor Videos avail for download if you want. Just throw them on your tv and watch them instead of movies.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I feel you about being discouraged. But you can't give up just yet. I almost gave up after failing my CCENT by 3 points. But you sometimes have to take a step back, re-evaluate yourself and continue from there. Find some other study materials. I would however take the N10-005 before N10-006 is released. Spoiler alert. http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_1_12/178-2722766-4897042?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=network%2B+n10-006&sprefix=Network%2B+n10%2Caps%2C316 When a new exam comes out, it is usually (key word) harder then the previous exam. Keep at it.
  • Options
    fuz1onfuz1on Member Posts: 961 ■■■■□□□□□□
    We all know that the third time's the charm! You were really close; both times! Try one more time for the team! icon_cool.gif You might regret it if you don't and the exam update will just make it that much tougher to pass - if you delay. If it's the cost, try 'IT discount vouchers' or 'certified 4 less' to try to get deals. You got this!

BTW, I failed the CASP a couple weeks ago but have it scheduled again in a month. Everyone fails but it's how you pick yourself up that defines character, perseverance and resolve. Nothing worth anything in life is easy to accomplish.

Remember, success is nothing more than one minute moment in an sea of failure. icon_cool.gif
    timku.com(puter) | ProHacker.Co(nsultant) | ITaaS.Co(nstultant) | ThePenTester.net | @fuz1on
    Transmosis | http://transmosis.com | LinkedIn | https://linkedin.com/in/t1mku
    If evil be spoken of you and it be true, correct yourself, if it be a lie, laugh at it. - Epictetus
    The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows. - Buddha
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you. - Unknown
  • Options
    MattyIceVAMattyIceVA Member Posts: 46 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I passed the A+ without really taking any notes but know for a fact that won't fly for the Network+. I was never good at taking notes but really all you need to do is write down everything you think you might need to know or don't understand. Good luck!
  • Options
    speednetworkspeednetwork Member Posts: 13 ■■■□□□□□□□
    How long did you study for and how often?
  • Options
    shaun5263shaun5263 Member Posts: 120 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I would recommend checking out onenote.com. create a live ID, create a notebook, and start creating pages by chapters in your book. Most people can type much faster than they can write which will save you time in note taking. You can also connect to your notebook from most any device since it's stored in the cloud. I've never looked at the Win7/Win8 MCP exams, but know that the server exams will require some knowledge obtained in Net+. You can expect subnetting, routing, IPv6, port numbers, etc to show up on those exams. It will come much easier with the foundation that Net+ will create for you.
  • Options
    bigdogzbigdogz Member Posts: 881 ■■■■■■■■□□
    To OP,

You said you are not a good test taker. You have to find out how you learn the material:
    -Audio
    -Visual
    -Mnemonics my assist
    -By working hands on
    -Any combination

You may also ask a co worker or two about networking. They may explain it in a way where you may understand some of your weak areas of knowledge.

Study time:
    YMMV but most people study between 3 - 6 months and pouring in a great deal of study time on the weekends. I know of 2 guys who know their stuff but did not study that much for the Security + exam and they both failed because they did not take the exam seriously.

I know you may want to take a break from the exam but it is fresh in your head. As you know the questions are weighed differently.
    Look at the 2 exams to find your weak domains and work on them. Brush up on your strong domains.

With that being said you have to know how CompTia labels the OSI model and know that the questions may be poorly worded.

Good Luck!!!
  • Options
    Swift6Swift6 Member Posts: 268 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The key to passing is more practise. Go through the objectives for the exam aan check that you understan.
    Wish you all the best.
  • Options
    itangelitangel Member Posts: 111
    Don't give up mate! You put a lot of work already, now is time for you to see which subject/area you are weak in. Like others said here, test yourself and try to get 95% on all test and materials you use to test yourself. One word of advice, some people do great on exams if they don't study the day before the exam and get plenty of rest. Get a good breakfast and go in with a clear mind. I think you will pass it this next turn. ;) Good Luck!

Network Administrator
    :

Looking forward in 2017: CCENT