Options

Security Compliance Work

CyberscumCyberscum Member Posts: 795 ■■■■■□□□□□
So, We were talking about the state of the IT Sec compliance field at work. The debate was; What is the best cert/education/knowledge combo for the IT compliance field. Interesting views to say the least.

Mine was CISSP/Masters/HIPPA

In your opinion what are the best certs/education/knowledge combination for the compliance field of IT security?

Comments

• Options
    aftereffectoraftereffector Member Posts: 525 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Compliance for which industry? HIPPA is great for healthcare but not so much for the DOD.

CISSP and Masters are a given, I think, and something like CISA or CAP could be worthwhile.
    CCIE Security - this one might take a while...
  • Options
    CyberscumCyberscum Member Posts: 795 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Compliance for which industry? HIPPA is great for healthcare but not so much for the DOD.

CISSP and Masters are a given, I think, and something like CISA or CAP could be worthwhile.

We were talking generally, We all work DoD and HIPPA is worthless in our environment. Let's say worldwide employability for simplicities sake ;)
  • Options
    JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Obviously CISSP/Masters as a baseline. Then I'd say depending on your industry and the particulars of the job, CISM/CISA/CIPM/PCIP. I myself am waiting on a job offer for a GRC position that will be dealing heavily with scrutinizing legal contracts and negotiating information technology and information security terms and conditions, as well as handling internal and third party audits of the companies policies and procedures. In that role I'd say CISA and legal knowledge (which I have from my BS degree) will be helpful.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework