Options

So lost ---work is slowww..Should I be worried?

NetworkingStudentNetworkingStudent Member Posts: 1,407 ■■■■■■■■□□
So lost --- should I be worried?

I work at a small MSP 10 or less employees

We keep changing the way we do things, which so far seems for the better.

When I started there ( oct of last year) we had 300 tickets each day , now we 175 or less total per day.

I complete anywhere between 10 to 40 tickets per day.

We have lost a lot of non priority customer, but have gained more priority customers.

Things seem be slow and I don’t see a lot of new customers coming on board.

My current role is to monitor and resolve managed service issues, so that we don't need to call a customer to fix an issue.

I don’t get calls from the mainline, but I can call non priority customers as well as take incoming calls to my direct dial.

Currently, our only benefits are coffee and water.

My company did make the decision to move me back to our home office, so that I could be closer to my girlfriend.
I really appreciate that.

I get along with everyone in the company.

Sometimes there are days were I think I should be on the lookout for other opportunities.

I do worry that my role will someday no longer be needed.

Anyone have any ideas?

Should I be worried?
When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened."

--Alexander Graham Bell,
American inventor

Comments

• Options
    pinkydapimppinkydapimp Member Posts: 732 ■■■■■□□□□□
    you have been there for a year. As with any job, thats a good enough time to reassess your career. Have you gained skills in the past year? Is there more to gain in the current position? If there isnt much to gain, than start looking for better opportunities. If your content, then stay put. either way i hope your working on certs or your education as well so that you can move up when the time is right. good luck.