Options

Issues with Dell memory on R710

JustFredJustFred Member Posts: 678 ■■■□□□□□□□
I have 2x8GB modules for my R710, however when booting up i only see 8GB. Could anyone help me with this?

The ideal situation would have been utilizing all my memory sets. I have both 4x2GB and 2x8GB, though i will just settle with 16GB if the R710 could reconginaze both 2x8GB and not just one.
[h=2]"After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true." Spock[/h]

Comments

• Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Faulty stick/slot? What kind of DIMM?
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    Not Faulty, I just need to figure out where to put the other, A1? A3? If i put either one of them in there it is recognized. But when i add both it is not. Comes up as 8GB, so they cannot be faulty.

[h=2]"After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true." Spock[/h]
  • Options
    bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Grab the "Installing and Upgrading DDR3 Memory Quick Reference Guide for Dell 11G Servers" from the Dell website for the R710, it'll show you which slots it should go in and run through what you should (and shouldn't) do if you have mixed DIMMS.
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    JBrownJBrown Member Posts: 308
    Try
    A1=B1
    A2=B2
    A3=B3
  • Options
    JBrown wrote: »
    Try
    A1=B1
    A2=B2
    A3=B3

Thanks J,

Though i discovered i cannot mix the 2Rx4 and 2Rx8s. But I got lucky and now have 4x8gb, I'm going to try it this evening. So now i think it should be

A1
    A4
    A2
    A5

With memory mode set to optimizer

I have a single CPU. I hope the above works or i may have to dig deeper.