Options

Failed 640-801

my_id_0308my_id_0308 Member Posts: 171
Hi guys,

Failed CCNA 640-801.with a 725
I got two sims,one of them got something to do with the show commands and you have to configure the router,the other one is about vtp domain.I was upset about the sims..especially the first one cause i dont really know what to do?The second one is ok but i think i got both the sims wrong.Couldnt find the default gateway for one of the switched.The rest of the questions are mostly routing protocols,a bit of WAN Tech( ISDN)!

Will hit the books again and takin it on next monday!!Should I keep on rereading my cisco press over and over again?
Any advice about the sims and anything i can brush up on
I did a bad poor performance in Troubleshooting and Technology section .(Scored really bad in this area).

Comments

• Options
    masadullmasadull Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    my_id_0308 wrote:
    Hi guys,

Failed CCNA 640-801.with a 725
    I got two sims,one of them got something to do with the show commands and you have to configure the router,the other one is about vtp domain.I was upset about the sims..especially the first one cause i dont really know what to do?The second one is ok but i think i got both the sims wrong.Couldnt find the default gateway for one of the switched.The rest of the questions are mostly routing protocols,a bit of WAN Tech( ISDN)!

Will hit the books again and takin it on next monday!!Should I keep on rereading my cisco press over and over again?
    Any advice about the sims and anything i can brush up on
    I did a bad poor performance in Troubleshooting and Technology section .(Scored really bad in this area).

That sucks man...mine is tomorrow !!! damn Im scared now .... anyways... wish you the best of luck next time and I KNOW you will pass it the second time. To find the default-gateway you should have just used the Show running-configuration command its listed in there, or Show ip redirects (I think) ... anyways...good luck and wish me luck too!
  • Options
    masadullmasadull Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    By the way was ISDN covered in DETAIL???? were the question on ISDN tough?
  • Options
    porengoporengo Member Posts: 343
    my_id_0308, you need to look at the bright side. You're already aware of how the exam is structured, and you know what areas you're weak in. Concentrate on those weak areas until they become your strengths. If you have a home lab, start spending lots of hands-on time with your routers and try to duplicate the SIMs (although you probably won't see the same ones the next time you test). If you don't have a home lab, you can always spend time on a sim program. The key is to spend as much hands-on/sim time as you can until you feel fully comfortable configuring a router and switch.

Good luck on your retest.
  • Options
    milliampmilliamp Member Posts: 135
    Tough to say.

I used the Boson sim to practice.

The Sybex book I studied from used the same network setup through the entire book, so I built a clone of that setup with the sim and kind of followed along the end of chapter practice examples.

As simple as it might seem reading it, you just don't retain it like if you try it hands on.

I went through some of the examples that came with the sim also. I think I spent a total amount of time of under 3 hours actually working with the sim, but by the time I took the exam I could have slept through the sims and nailed them.
  • Options
    my_id_0308my_id_0308 Member Posts: 171
    By the way was ISDN covered in DETAIL???? were the question on ISDN tough?

Well, i think it is pretty much straight-forward question,so it will not be that hard.

Thanks to all who reply.Will be taking it on next next monday
  • Options
    SVSV Member Posts: 166
    Sorry my friend....

From what I recollect from my experience, you should know how to check gateway configuration and assign gateways especially for topics related to switches, VLAN, etc.

Good luck for your next try. Try to finish straight forward question as early as possible so that you could spend time for sims.
    Life is a journey...
  • Options
    was55amgwas55amg Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    hey i just had the same 2 sims questions! and i failed too icon_cry.gif

about the sim with the vtp domain. i found it really ambiguous. There was 2 switches, one for building 100 and one 210. You had to configure the switch of building 210. The 100 was the server. you had to configure the 210 as a client, with an ip address to vlan1 and a default gateway. I did it, and all the pings worked.

The 100 addresses were:
    Vlan1: 192.168.166.65 with a subnet of 255.255.255.224
    Default-Gateway: 192.168.166.66

So i did 256-224 = 32

So you had as networks: 32 64 96 and so on.

So for the switch of building 210, i set the vlan1 ip to: 192.168.166.97
    the default-gateway to 192.168.166.98

Is it the good way to look at it?
  • Options
    suprchgtntsuprchgtnt Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    So i did 256-224 = 32

So you had as networks: 32 64 96 and so on

you were close should of been
    192.168.166.65 to 192.168.166.94