Is there a reason recruiters typically ask for a resume in the ms word format?

OfWolfAndManOfWolfAndMan Member Posts: 923 ■■■■□□□□□□
I've been contacted by two in the last two days, and they both requested for it in the ms word format (Or HTML). Is there a reason I can't just submit a pdf format? I don't want anyone modifying it.
:study:Reading: Lab Books, Ansible Documentation, Python Cookbook 2018 Goals: More Ansible/Python work for Automation, IPSpace Automation Course [X], Build Jenkins Framework for Network Automation []

Comments

• BradleyHUBradleyHU Member Posts: 918 ■■■■□□□□□□
    if & when they submit you to the hiring company, they will re-format your resume, and take out your contact info other than your name, and they will add their company information to the resume...
    Link Me
    Graduate of the REAL HU & #1 HBCU...HAMPTON UNIVERSITY!!! #shoutout to c/o 2004
    WIP: 70-410(TBD) | ITIL v3 Foundation(TBD)
  • Dieg0MDieg0M Member Posts: 861
    Yup, they usually know what the hiring company wants and they will try and highlight the best parts to get you hired.
    Follow my CCDE journey at www.routingnull0.com
  • Danielm7Danielm7 Member Posts: 2,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I haven't had any change my resume to highlight things, but they definitely cut out your contact info. Otherwise the company could just contact you directly and cut out the recruiter, so they're trying to protect their paycheck.