Can I bring A+ into CE by using Net+??

VigilanteVigilante Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
I found this thread by random googling for stuff:
http://www.techexams.net/forums/security/62878-have-ce-network-ce-security-now.html

I happen to have A+ from 2001 and just passed Net+ a week ago which makes it ce.

My question is, can I somehow use my Net+ as a means of upgrading A+ into ce? Would I even want to do so? It's awfully convenient to have lifetime A+ but do people/companies even recognize ce yet or are there some benefits to it?

I'm just a bit confused. If I can use Net+ to upgrade A+, how do I go about doing this? Costs? Benefits? If I can't use Net+, would I want to bring A+ into ce by some other means anyway?

Not sure what to do.

Thanks!

Comments

• aftereffectoraftereffector Member Posts: 525 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I think your A+ is already CE by way of the Net+ CE.
    CCIE Security - this one might take a while...
  • jvrlopezjvrlopez Member Posts: 913 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I had Net+ lifetime since 2008 and when I got Sec+ CE in 2013, it upgraded Net+ to Net+ CE automatically and for free. They even sent my certs together.
    And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high. ~Ayrton Senna
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    The A+ and NET+ are typically stepping stones into bigger and more sophisticated certifications. I would not waste time 'upgrading' unless you need to continue to show proficiency in those areas.

If you take a new exam and it upgrades automatically, so be it, but I do not think I would be concerned about A+ nor Net+ if I moved into Cisco certs or other areas.

FWIW
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • VigilanteVigilante Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Plantwiz wrote: »
    The A+ and NET+ are typically stepping stones into bigger and more sophisticated certifications. I would not waste time 'upgrading' unless you need to continue to show proficiency in those areas.

If you take a new exam and it upgrades automatically, so be it, but I do not think I would be concerned about A+ nor Net+ if I moved into Cisco certs or other areas.

FWIW

Are you saying they aren't worth renewing at all? Or just that the ce program isn't worth it?
  • TechGuru80TechGuru80 Member Posts: 1,539 ■■■■■■□□□□
    If you renew Net+ or Sec+ that would renew A+ so the conversation is kind of pointless. With that being said...I do not think you have the option. I think it automatically converts when you pass a new and higher CE cert but again it doesn't matter because for renewing....you would renew your highest CompTIA certification and that renews all certifications below.
  • techfiendtechfiend Member Posts: 1,481 ■■■■□□□□□□
    A guy who works with CompTIA said on reddit you have to transfer the old certificates to CE before passing the higher level cert if you want lower certs to be CE. Just passed my Security+, and now I have some questions... : CompTIA Don't know if this is something new or even how to transfer them.
    2018 AWS Solutions Architect - Associate (Apr) 2017 VCAP6-DCV Deploy (Oct) 2016 Storage+ (Jan)
    2015 Start WGU (Feb) Net+ (Feb) Sec+ (Mar) Project+ (Apr) Other WGU (Jun) CCENT (Jul) CCNA (Aug) CCNA Security (Aug) MCP 2012 (Sep) MCSA 2012 (Oct) Linux+ (Nov) Capstone/BS (Nov) VCP6-DCV (Dec) ITILF (Dec)