Options

Passed Security+ Sy0-301!

IT_NerdIT_Nerd Member Posts: 25 ■■■□□□□□□□
After about 3 months of studying I finally scheduled the test and passed it on my 1st attempt.The first 6 - 7 questions were all sims. Some of the sims definitely threw me for a loop, but I managed to get it down. Currently, I have an AAS in Computer Networking and about 4 years of Technical Support/Help Desk experience. I'm unsure of what certs to go for next. I want to focus on Info Sec but I know that's a very broad field. If anyone could share some suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated. I'm considering SSCP, CEH, CASP, Network+, or CCNA and later CCNA Security. Long term goal is CISSP when I get some experience.

Study Material:
- Darril Gibson's CompTIA Security+: Get Certified Get Ahead: SY0-301 Study Guide
- Darril Gibson's Security+ Premium Content
- Professor Messer’s CompTIA SY0-301 Security+ Videos
- Professor Messer’s Downloadable CompTIA SY0-301 Security+ Study Guide
- Getcertified4less Security+ Practice Exams

Thanks so much for all the info. I have to give credit to this community for helping me stay motivated and passing!

Comments

• Options
    Justin-Justin- Member Posts: 300
    Congrats bro, studying paid off. Goodluck on your future endeavors! I am currently studying for the Sec+ and most likely moving onto CCNA R&S afterwards.

I am also quite interested in the InfoSec field and will be taking the SSCP after.
  • Options
    neonballoonneonballoon Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!

It sounds like you're interested in Networking? I'd lean more towards CCNA in that case. Good luck!
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif

Keep it up
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    tahjzhuantahjzhuan Member Posts: 288 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass. I just received both SSCP and CASP books that I purchased on Amazon and have 1 month access to Pluralsight/Trainsignal SSCP videos ($29 monthly). Also in the process of enrolling in WGU and will pick up additional certs on way.
  • Options
    IT_NerdIT_Nerd Member Posts: 25 ■■■□□□□□□□
    tahjzhuan wrote: »
    Congrats on the pass. I just received both SSCP and CASP books that I purchased on Amazon and have 1 month access to Pluralsight/Trainsignal SSCP videos ($29 monthly). Also in the process of enrolling in WGU and will pick up additional certs on way.

Nice! Which books did you go with for the SSCP and CASP?
  • Options
    tahjzhuantahjzhuan Member Posts: 288 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Darril Gibson AIO for SSCP and Conklin, White, Williams, for CASP
  • Options
    DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□