Options

VCP5-DVC while doing school

joehalford01joehalford01 Member Posts: 364 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi to those of you that have completed this one. I started reading through Mastering VMware vSphere 5.5 and I plan to take one of the available online self-paced courses to meet the classroom requirement. It looks like I'm going to do the Masters in IA at Capital College, I was thinking Summer 2015 originally but I'd rather start in Spring next year (which starts in Jan....). So I won't be able to complete it before school starts. Is this certification doable while tackling other classes? Thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    emerald_octaneemerald_octane Member Posts: 613
    How beefy is your lab?
    How many years of experience do you have?

VCP is tough one to crack.
  • Options
    joehalford01joehalford01 Member Posts: 364 ■■■□□□□□□□
    How beefy is your lab?
    How many years of experience do you have?

VCP is tough one to crack.

I have one white box server that I built while doing my Microsoft Certs. I have 32GB of memory in it now but it will scale to 256GB (super micro board). I may need to add a couple SSD's as I took the one I had in it for another computer a while back. I'd love to invest in multiple physical servers but that isn't happening right now.

I have been working with VMware for about a year now. My work environment utilizes it heavily and
    the current configuration is definitely the bare minimum, so there is a lot that needs to be done
    once I have the knowledge. So I do get to work with it everyday.