Options

book for ccna

bilal_janbilal_jan Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
hello everyone.
i want to know which book is most recommended for CCNA studies.

Comments

• Options
    nman99nman99 Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    bilal_jan wrote: »
    hello everyone.
    i want to know which book is most recommended for CCNA studies.

Personally I jump to Wendell Odom by default for CCNA studies, which are Cisco Press books for ICND1 and ICND2, http://amzn.to/1FNlnti , http://amzn.to/1ws6reJ, you can't go wrong. I passed CCENT off of the ICND1 alone, and am currently reading his ICND2
  • Options
    10Linefigure10Linefigure Member Posts: 368 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I used the Lammle books, just depends on your style.
    CCNP R&S, Security+
    B.S. Geography - Business Minor
    MicroMasters - CyberSecurity
    Professional Certificate - IT Project Management
  • Options
    jvrlopezjvrlopez Member Posts: 913 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Second Lammle's books. Written in a way to keep you interested and the humor is actually timed right and good to further keep you engaged.

His explanations of concepts and labs are straight forward and formatted in a manner to make it easy to understand.
    And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high. ~Ayrton Senna
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I have used both Odom and Lammle books. Paul Browning also a good book for getting it done in 60 days. It is a lot of material but still good. Also, you may want to consider some videos to go along with the the books. Trainsignal or CBT nuggets or Chris Bryant's videos are fairly good. (I think Trainsignal is presented in a more professional manner) Also, ExamCram is also another book of choice. You have to find what works for you in reality to tackle a certification. Also, you may consider some live equipment or a decent simulator/emulator such as Boson, Cisco' official simulator or GNS3 (you will need the IOS images to use GNS3). I am currently going over a course from Kevin Wallace for the CCNA that I am finding to be a great course. Got it for 99 bucks instead of 399.
  • Options
    chopstickschopsticks Member Posts: 389
    Not only books, you should also consider going for CBT Nuggets :)
  • Options
    10Linefigure10Linefigure Member Posts: 368 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Second CBTnuggets. You can get the free Micro nuggets with Lammles book which is good if you dont have the cash for a month subscription.
    CCNP R&S, Security+
    B.S. Geography - Business Minor
    MicroMasters - CyberSecurity
    Professional Certificate - IT Project Management
  • Options
    TechGuru80TechGuru80 Member Posts: 1,539 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Can never go wrong with the Official Certification Guide (OCG) from Cisco Press.
  • Options
    tcosictcosic Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I bought How to master CCNA, written by Rene Molenaar a while ago. Good book if you don't have past experience with networking, I feel like it is missing some theoretical stuff for the CCNA though, so I gave it to a friend who recently started working on his CCNA, he loves the book, the way he explains how to configure the switches and routers are great for beginners.
  • Options
    goldenlightgoldenlight Member Posts: 378 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I like Odom books. Felt like he was sitting next to me when I was testing
    The Only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it keep looking. Don't settle - Steve Jobs