Options

CCVP where to start?

voipnutvoipnut Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi
I want to go through the CCVP course. Can you advise if there is any specific order in which i need to talk the exam in order to get thro' effectively. Shud i first take Qos, IPT and...

thanks

Comments

• Options
    PCHoldmannPCHoldmann Member Posts: 450
    Do you have a valid CCNA? If not, you need to start there.
    There's no place like ^$
    Visit me at Route, Switch, Blog
  • Options
    texicantexican Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I took QoS first. It didn't really seem to be dependent on any of the info in the other exams (as far as I can tell), plus it goes towards CCIP if you find out that voice doesn't float your boat. Took CVOICE next since I've had some experience with the material. I'm feeling more comfortable with IPTT right now than CIPT since I haven't had much chance to deal with Call Manager, and GW/GK will probably finish things off. Just read through the exam outlines on the Cisco site, see what you want to learn next, and go for that one.
  • Options
    voipnutvoipnut Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I allready hv. my CCNA and CCNP. I wanted to get in to Voice as it looks like this may become the next HOT one... I just wanted to ensure that the time and effort is worth it.. Any ideas ?

I plan to tkae the Qos first, then CVOICE. this will give me some time on getting some exposure on callmanager and other topics (i am not familiar with it right now )....
  • Options
    DaPunnisherDaPunnisher Member Posts: 108
    voipnut wrote:
    I allready hv. my CCNA and CCNP. I wanted to get in to Voice as it looks like this may become the next HOT one... I just wanted to ensure that the time and effort is worth it.. Any ideas ?

Right now VoIP is scorching hot!

There is alot to learn and many different IPT products you can specialize in.

Here is a list of what Cisco has to offer:
      Unified Callmanger Unified Communications Unity IP Contact Center Express IP Contact Center Enterprise Callmanager Express Unity Express MeetingPlace Conference Connection Various Gateways and Gatekeepers (Too many to list)

There are many, many other products. You can find more info here:
    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/tsd_products_support_category_home.html

I hope this helps.