Options

will MCSE 2012 complete Security requirement WGU

IMRAN_2055IMRAN_2055 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi I was wondering I have my MCSE 2012 will I still have to take the CompTIA Security+ Exam or will by MCSE cover that requirement?

Comments

• Options
    nachodbanachodba Member Posts: 201 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Yes, you will still need the security plus.
    2020 Goals
    work-life balance
  • Options
    IMRAN_2055IMRAN_2055 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Im going for the [h=2]Bachelor of Science Information Technology— Network Administration[/h]
  • Options
    GuistinoGuistino Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm looking into that program, would you care to share all the details? is it a cheaper route to get these certs and then go attend the college?
  • Options
    If the certs you can get to count for classes cost less than a term (including study materials) then it will be cheaper.
    For example, I can test out with a CCNA, Project Plus and some Web Development certs. Total cost of certs and study material is going to be about 1200. That's less than half the cost of a term at WGU, so I'm going that route. If it was around 2500 or so, I would probably just do an additional term at WGU.
    2020 Goals
    work-life balance
  • Options
    Danielm7Danielm7 Member Posts: 2,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    And don't forget to count things like financial aid and the CompTIA scholarship. Depending on your situation it might be dramatically cheaper to just enroll and do all of it through WGU.
  • Options
    I don't think the WGU Comptia Scholarship is still around, it's not on their site but it would be worth emailing your counselor.
    2020 Goals
    work-life balance
  • Options
    madrasrulzmadrasrulz Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    The Security+ course is still required as it is not part of the MCSE nor is it related. Security+ does trump Security Fundamentals however.